Hartke kickback 12 as a practice/2nd amp.

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by fullybakedbear, Sep 11, 2016.

1. fullybakedbear

fullybakedbear

Nov 8, 2009
    Howdy all,

I've been reading a little about this amp as one is available locally used for a buck and a half. My main rig is a Peavey Mark VIII with a 1X15 cab. I'm playing with a group at the college that practices in a 20*40 classroom with crap acoustics. There is a small drum set and a few guitars. It seems like it should be good for a practice amp to say the least.

I was also thinking that it could make a decent second amp for running just the distortion side of my Big Muff Pi.

This sound like a reasonable set of assumptions?

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    You're in the DB section...are you going to use this with DB?

I have worked with two pianist who use Kickback 12s. Both have seriously abused their amps but they keep going...which is good. Tonally I'm not crazy about them, strong midrange emphasis which is not great for DB use but fine for BG.

$150 would be top dollar in my view, I wouldn't pay that much if it has any problems...busted pot shafts are common.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021