1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hartke LH1000 sound problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by the jerk, Oct 9, 2013.

1. the jerk

the jerk

Oct 9, 2013
    greetings,
    i own a Hartke LH1000 and in the last few months every time i stop playing or lower the volume on my bass for a quick break, my amp will not output any audio. my sonic maximizer (patched in the effects loop) will detect a signal when i resumed playing, but still no sound from the amp until i either aggressively slap/pop the heck out of my strings or (yes, very last resort) unplug and plug my input cable while the volume is at the 12 o'clock position or so, startling the rest of the band as the audio finally comes back. i'ts happened on several cabs, both passive and active pickups, and passive and active inputs. i've contacted the Hartke/Samson site via the online support form and never received a response. anyone have any ideas what might be causing the problem? luckily my amp is still under extended warranty will be sent for repairs shortly, but i'd like to know what may be causing this problem so i can fix it myself in the future. thanks!

2. JakeTrippATW

JakeTrippATW

Jul 3, 2010
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Endorsing Artist: Gripick Guitar Picks
    Have you tried troubleshooting the problem by plugging straight into the amp? It could be an issue with the effects return on the back, or even possibly something to do with the sonic maximizer. Either way, if it's under warranty, the retailer you got it from should take care of replacing it for you if it turns out the amp itself is the issue. :D

3. Try to duplicate the problem with the BBE removed.

Also, have you a new patch cable in the return ?