1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Has anyone done this?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xring, Apr 2, 2006.

1. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Has anyone run the Sans amp into the MXR M80? I was wondering how it worked out for you. I was thinking that the powerful M80 EQ would make up for any extra lows or mids sucked by the Sans amp??

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    But the Sansamp doesn't actually suck any lows or mids...

3. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Hard to find the link, but let me rephrase. I have read that at extreme settings, some lows are lost. I have also read that a mid level is desirable (solved by the para?) So in my infinite wisdom(I have an M-80), I thought that since I like the Sans Amp samples that I've heard, and I really like the M80 EQ, I could have the best of both worlds in keeping both.
    It does seem very strange having 2 DI's for tonal options though.
    I hope I'm mistaken, and that the SA doesn't suck anything!:D

4. i really don't know much about either, but can;t you get your M80 to sound like the sansamp?

5. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I hadn't previously heard that about the Sansamp losing lows at extreme settings, but I can tell you that the "sucking mids" thing is a myth. Just roll the highs and lows down a little, and raise the output, and the mids get boosted. If it's the "tubelike grit" of the Sansamp you're after, you could try using just about any good FET boost pedal instead (try the RGW Bad Bob!); that would probably be a good combo with the MXR.

6. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    That's exactly what I'm looking for...the tube like grit. My bad on sucking the lows. I really meant to say that many have said they desired a mid knob on the standard bass bddi.
    I haven't heard of the RGW. I have some homework to do.
    I did try a Digitech Bad Monkey. Bad news. Gone the next day. That was before I had the M-80 though.
    The M80 does something like grit on the most mild of settings, but is still more fuzzy than I like.

7. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Just get a Para Driver! ;) :D :bassist:

It's got a sweepable mid!