1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Havin' problems... down there...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Yesterday, I'm not quiet sure when, but I injured... uh.. you know... I probably bumped into something or sat at a weird angle.

Today, they still hurt. Not that much, just when I rub up against them. When I sit in a position it doesn't hurt at all. Only when they move or when they touch something.

I'm thinking of going to the doctor if it gets any worse. Does any one have any suggestions?

2. walk it off!! but what ever you do don't put any Ben-gay.

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I am going to kill myself for saying this, but you may have to be a little more descriptive of the "problem" if you want some help.

Changes are your boys are just a little tender because you sat on them wrong, but you never know, its not an area that you want to mess around with, so the doctor might not be a bad idea.

It could also be a friction injury (were you ecxercising a lot?) or an ingrown hair.

PLease DONT post photos.

4. I won't. I think I DID sit on them wrong, but could they be tender for 2 days?

I wasn't exercising that day, although I did take my dog out for a walk.

5. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Better quit doin that or you'll go blind!
    :D

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Blue balls? :bag:

7. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Contrary to popular opinion, im not really an expert in that area :D

Im not sure if they could still be tender after a couple of days, but if it really has been two days and they are still sore it may be worth a visit to your doctor. Chances are you just put your weight on them and they are bruised or something but who knows.

Alternatively you could PM JimS or Mikemulchay who, I think, are both doctors. I also understand that Mike Money has a lot of experience fooling around in that area :D

8. I think I did put weight on them. I remember sleeping on my stomech this morning...

9. dude, you shouldnt have stumped your toes in the first place and they wouldnt be sore. duh.

:bag:

10. Dude, you may have simply aggrivated them, or you could be facing something triggered by the aggrivation...like Epididimitis or something...if they weren't sore and you KNOW how they became sore, it's prolly not a biggie. But if it persists, I'd definitely see the doc. Don't put that stuff off. Remember Tom Green.

Good luck with that.

11. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I found some pictures of Elephantitis, but I didn't think it would be appropriate to post. Do a google for images using the phrase "elephantitis" and you'll see what I mean.

12. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    my old guitarist had one go sore.... here and there, then more so and more often.

I'm not saying this is your case, but when he'd had enough and got checked out it was testicular cancer. They had to take it out. He's fine today... Luckily!

But yeah, I'm with Jive! Quit it or you'll go blind!

13. I think sometimes they just ache for the hell of it.

I've had days when my boys weren't happy feeling, then it goes away.

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It's actually elephantiasis. Elephantitis would be inflammation of the elephant.

brad cook

15. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    or kills some more of those innocent kittens!!

;)

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Too much info.

Sorry to be the one to inform you that lifting weights with them won't make them bigger.

brad cook

17. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Off topic never ceases to amaze me.

18. I've done a self check. NOTHING feels out of the ordinary.

19. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

not to get too visual... but he had told me it got harder then the other.

Not for nuthin... but we got us a little "cancer cluster" here at the Jersey Shore that he was born and raised close to ground zero.

20. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I suggest you see a professional. Then if there is a problem, go see a doctor.

;)