Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Heavy Weather

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Leinad, Feb 27, 2004.

1. I was wondering if any one knew the playlist for Weather Report's "Heavy Weather". My bass teacher gave me the CD, but no playlist with it, and it's going to be a while until I see him again. Also, I tried to find a WR website, but google kept pulling up weather channels (big surprise there!), is there actually one?

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    By playlist, you mean like the track titles right?

here

for the future, www.allmusic.com is a *great* reference tool for this type of stuff.

3. Ah poifect thanks. BTW WR, Reza is v cool indeed! :hyper:

4. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    not always an accurate one, but that is mainly with the personnel listed.

5. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Well since I have it right hear, here is the track list:

1. Birdland 5.57

2. A Remark You Made 6.51

3. Teen Town 2.51

4. Harlequin 3.59

5. Rumba Mama 2.11

6. Palladium 4.46

7. The Juggler 5.03

8. Havona 6.01

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    yeah...isn't it crazy how personnel credits can get so foggy sometimes. it's like...how did they forget who played on it? or rather, how did it come to pass that 3 people claim to have played on it?

but there is also just mis prints, and/or miscommunication...etc.

I also look CD stuff up on amazon.com

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

That's not suprising - so I even have experience of this myself, where my bass part on a recording has been wiped off and replaced by another!! :mad:

But if you watch something like the making of Aja by Steely Dan - they show you how they got several guitarists to record solos for songs and then picked the one they liked best - I can see how, if this happens for quite a few tracks then you might forget which was which and who played it!! Plus - it's not surprising 3 or 4 guitarists saying they played on that track!! ;)

So - some albums take as long as 11 years to make, with huge numbers of overdubs - see Scott Walker - so it is quite easy to "lose track", as it were!! ;)