hellcat vi ...bigsby!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zazz, Aug 12, 2004.

1. zazz

Feb 27, 2004

twin peaks..here we come.
  2. mmmmmm

yeah, i was drooling over that hellcat since they first came out with it!
    imo, i'd rather have the fender Bass VI, but the story said that this was designed for robert smith (i think thats his name) from cure to replace his fender bass VI. I really really want a fender Bass VI, but this one might help ease the GAS (not to mention the wallet!)

I WANT ONE!!!
  3. I almost like the Hellcat better than the Fender Bass VI, from a looks-point-of-view, and I'd love to try one out.

How much are they, BTW?
  4. suggested retail is $749...

as for shape, i dunno, i really really like the jaguar/jazzmaster shape, as many probably already know, so my heart is with the Fender Bass VI, but like i said, the hellcat is a touch cheaper, so if i really need a Bass VI like this, and since Dano discontinued theirs ( :crying: ), maybe i'll have to take a look at one someday at the hellcat...

EDIT: although soundwise, the hellcat looks like it has way more options for different sounds...

5. A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    That Bigsby version does look nice...

Does anyone have the nut width and string spacing at the bridge for the Hellcat? Schecter haven't responded to my email requesting the info. If anyone has the same data for the Bass VI, that'd be great too. I'm interested in a Hellcat, but as I'll have to order one blind (nowhere to try before I buy) and have no idea how it'll fit my hands....
  6. KataPolt

Aug 4, 2004
    Wow...I REALLY like that! :eek:

I'd love to hear anyone talk about their experience with it and how it compared to the Fender 6 ...