1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello from New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by BruceNH, Dec 9, 2018.

1. BruceNH

BruceNH

Dec 9, 2018
    Hey all, new member here. Been playing on and off for the last 30 years or so. Sadly, more off than on. Profile pic is from my first live gig in November '88 (Japanese Squier P-bass that I regrettably sold back in the 90's, along with my '75 Ibanez Les Paul (double regret).

Currently in the market for a new P, J, or PJ bass (new Squier or a used Fender). Buying gear on a teacher's salary is tough.

Got into playing bass after becoming a Rush nerd in high school, and realizing in college that the world was awash with guitar players, so I picked up that MIJ Squier at a music shop in Portland, Maine and did the college band thing until the real world kicked in.

2. Welcome. Look forward to your comments.

3. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    Welcome, Bruce. The TB Classifieds can be a great place to shop if you're ok with a used instrument. Lots of feedback on sellers and buyers. I've had only good experiences in that regard, some better than others. Enjoy!

4. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

The NH Bassists Club has been quiet lately, but maybe we'll get it active again. Welcome!