1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hello To all

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Muel, Mar 28, 2006.

1. 1 (No)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. 4

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. 5 (Yes)

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Muel

Muel

Mar 28, 2006
    Hello I am very new to the world of the bass (and when i say very new i mean i am like a new born in the world of the bass) and was hoping if anyone could advise any songs that i should learn that will improve my finger speed, strength and ... .. well ability really.
    All comments welcome.
    Muel.
    oh and if you wouldn't mind i would also like to know if the bass i have to start on is any good.
    Its a Squire P-bass by fender Please poll

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Welcome to TalkBass and to Bass it self :bassist:

A Squier P bass is INFINITELY better than the Harmony short scale I started on. I actually know of at least 2 Squier P basses being used on stage and studio.

For songs.... First thing is to know what it is you like and listen too. Tell us that and we can mostlikely name you a couple.

3. Muel

Muel

Mar 28, 2006
    Well i am at the moment learning alot of rage against the machine because i have always liked them and know their bass to be loud and quite simple(in places). But my general taste in music is very, very broad and will be willing to learn any bass lines to further my abilities but my taste tends to lean towards the heavy, alternative, underground stuff, i know i would like to learn some jazz bass lines but i am unsure as where to start.
    Muel