1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELLO!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by BIGFUT, Dec 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BIGFUT

BIGFUT

Jan 13, 2016
    HI guys!
    My name is Clayton, i'm really looking forward to interact with all of you. I've just recently started doing YouTube covers and i'm still trying to figure out which tones suit with which type of music. Im currently just plugged straight to the interface without any amp whatsoever.
    I really dig those vintage, 60s sounding basses but i'm not sure why my bass sounds really "dry". Im hoping you guys can help me out because im also sort of new to the world of effects.

Thanks!
    Clayton.

2. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    Welcome! I can't help you much not being a pedal person, but almost any kind of preamp/DI should add depth and some will offer you EQ, distortion and amp simulation. Hopefully others here will chime in. And once you're used to it, the search function is your friend. I suspect there are literally thousands of existing threads that get at your question. Good luck!

3. Welcome. No idea why it sounds "dry" Are you making any adjustments to the knobs?
    Little more info may give us some ideas that will help.

4. BIGFUT

BIGFUT

Jan 13, 2016
    hey same here! not too interested in effects too hahah. i tried messing around with amplitube but i found i like my sound best without the effects. I just want to add depth and have a simple 3 band eq. However by turning off the effects my bass levels become really low so i have to turn down the levels of the whole song. what sort of preamp/di do you recomend? im not really a rock kind of guy. i play mostly finger style (rnb/ funk/ blues/etc) :D

Thanks! nope its recorded straight to the pc without effects or mastering.

5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Welcome! Yeah any preamp would help you out with recording. Big plus if it is tube or has a tube simulation circuit. Then you can bump the low mids and warm your tone up a bit.