1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help Determining Type of Spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SterlingArcher, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Can you guys help me out with figuring out what type of Spector this is? I found it on craigslist. I'm not a Spector guy so I have no idea if it's worth pursuing.

I1TXhvH.

I have this here Spector Bass guitar, its has the neckthru design and has EMG-HZ pickups. A friend owed me some money but I got this instead. I'm sure there is someone out there who would love to have this. It has a little wear, but not too much, could use a little cleaning.

2. Spector NS-2000 Made in the mid-late 90s. Maple body wings. Probably has a 9V EMG BT pre-amp. I have the 5 string version. Great basses.

What's he asking?

3. bampilot06

bampilot06

Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Looks like my legend 5. Where was it made? It should say on back of head stock

4. The brass nut, narrower upper horn, EMG-HZ pickups, & pickup spacing give this away as an NS-2000. The legends came after & have the typical NS body style of the USA & Euro Spectors.

5. bampilot06

bampilot06

Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    :) i got edumication today.

6. He's asking $350. Is that a good deal? I would definitely see if he'd go lower.

7. Guitar Center had one a couple months ago. They were asking $400, and it sold fairly quick. I'd see if he'd go to $325? It's a very well built bass for the money.