1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help identify this bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mazinger, May 27, 2012.

1. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    I got this as a loaded body, no neck. Anyone know what brand body this jazz bass is?

Pickups I'm guessing are Fender vintage. The bridge is the same one you can get at Rondo. So I'm guessing it's a parts bass.

We originally thought it was a Geddy Lee, but as you can see it's not. Neck pocket painted, neck pickup cavity too big, the pickup spacing is also 3.5, not 4 inches.

Attached Files:

2. Mazinger

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    More pics.

Attached Files:

3. Mazinger

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    More pic.

Attached Files:

4. Lawkeeper

Lawkeeper

Mar 12, 2011
    The Netherlands
    It's a black one.

:ninja:

5. Judging by the looks of the neck pocket I'd guess that it's an SX body.

Rick B.

6. Mazinger

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    It did a little research and could not find any body that would have the pocket painted that heavily.

Probably an SX then. Thanks.

7. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    Measure the thickness of the body in the neck pocket. A Fender will be a tad over 1", SX a hair under 7/8"

8. rfslick

rfslick

Dec 31, 2008
    Benicia, CA. USA
    Who cares? Play it!!
    001.jpg
    This is the Electra I found for $15, with a cracked body, broken pick guard and 2 tuning keys. It's a great player and I'll probably never learn it's true pedigree.
    Just play it!