Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help identifying Trace elliot rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PUNXBASS, Apr 29, 2005.

1. PUNXBASS

PUNXBASS

Apr 23, 2005
    hey yall,
    ive finally saved up the 600 to buy the full Trace Elliot rig at the Music Store here and i dont know exsactlly what kind of cab it is. its about 50 inches or so high (says my drummer) about the hight of my Fender P. and its about 2 feet wide. any one got an idea?

thanks,
    JJ

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    There are only two cabs that come to mind that might fit the height somewhat, an 810 or the BFC (410+115)

You really need to give a little more info like what size drivers and how many of them.

3. PUNXBASS

PUNXBASS

Apr 23, 2005
    thanks, was figureing itd be you that responded i coulndt think of ur name off the top of my head so i couldnt PM ya. but i havnt been there in about 2 months so i remember so little about it...and thats the only the my drummer (who goews eery week just about) can give me on it. ill try and go up there sunday and let yall know. thnaks for the help Kelly

4. Could you please write so that we can understand what you are talking about?
    :eyebrow:

5. PUNXBASS

PUNXBASS

Apr 23, 2005
    sorry bud. any one have any other ideas?

6. Couldnt it be a 2x15? or are they not made anymore, i only know they exist cus thats what at the rehersal room

7. "well, as high as a p-bass."
    that could be the 2x15 or the 1x10+1x18, both made in the 90´s.

8. PUNXBASS

PUNXBASS

Apr 23, 2005
    its older i know that. my p bass is about 45-50 inches or so? its got a 39 inch neck.

9. PUNXBASS

PUNXBASS

Apr 23, 2005
    could it be the BFC too? i dig that amp.

10. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Its not the 1524 or 1528 which are both 215 cabs. Both are only about 36 inches tall.

Yea Joshua has the right idea. Give them a call.

11. PUNXBASS

PUNXBASS

Apr 23, 2005
    ok, got some info on it today. its a 4x10. and the head (drummer says) has letters then a 12. ne ideas? and if the cab is only rated for 350 watts would it do sufficiantly enough for playing punk/rock?

12. alibloke

alibloke

Dec 17, 2004
    Bristol, England
    GP12SMX?

13. itll be a 12 band preamp then. could be a 'series' model or a SMX.

Trust me, a Trace 12 band and 4x10 will ROCK for what you want, providing you like the sound and know how to use it! :)

14. PUNXBASS

PUNXBASS

Apr 23, 2005
    itll give me enough volume? i dont have much experiance with 410's. i rodyed for somone useing 810s and stuff, so im still learnin my way with 4's. thanks. how would you recomend setting up the head?

15. start off with the settings flat. being in a punk situation I found that boosting the 1.3 kHz setting is nice, of course, you'd need to boost some lows to compensate for the added twangyness.
    I personally LOVE the pre-shape 1 switch; kinda like the "punch" button on a Peavey. It's a mid scoop in the 500Hz region (could be wrong, its mid scoop anyway)!

Boost or cut the sliders as you feel you need it.

I like a bit of valve in my sound, so I turn the blend knob to max valve. my amp gets nice n gritty at this setting.

if your amp turns out to have compresion, awesome! adds a really cool vibe imo, but thats really up to you if you want that or not. :)

16. PUNXBASS

PUNXBASS

Apr 23, 2005
    o, and also what cab would it be?

17. 1048!

4x10 drivers, 8ohm, 300watt RMS. Being the legendry 'Trace watts' you'll hear, you'll have plenty of power to go against 2 guitarists and a drummer if that is your situation!

have fun, post pictures!

18. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    The cab could also be a 1048H if it has the horn. On the head, even the little AH250 heads have enough volume to hang with most 500-600 watt rigs. Gotta love Trace watts! :smug:

I'm currently playing in a punk band. Trace amps are awesome for punk. I love the mid-preshape button in the #1 position. It definately adds some punch. On the graphic EQ, set it flat to start. Then make very small adjustments if you need to.

If you get this rig I think you will be very happy with it!

19. if not.. he could always send me his 4x10 ;) hehe