HELP ME! - What Basses do you recommend for my style? (rock)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kin234, Jul 21, 2009.

  1. Kin234


    Jul 20, 2009
    The following are all of my choices. And all of them are left-handed and 4-strings. Which bass do you recommend for my style? I play all kinds of rock (especially vintage rock), and I play fingerstyle 65% of the time I play bass, and the other 35%, I play with Slap and Pop.
    And the music I listen to is, Hendrix, RATM, Metallica, Pink FLoyd, U2, Nirvana, and other such musicians. Which of these basses do you think will fit my style? (rock) (Also my max. $450)

    1. Ibanez SR-300 $450
    2. Schecter Stiletto-4 Deluxe SCH2630 $441.97
    3. ESP LTD B Series 4 string, B50 $389
    4. Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass $364.50
    5. Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass IV Active $330.75
  2. You can use ANY bass for ANY genre music. Get whichever bass feels good to you.
  3. SuperSnake2012

    SuperSnake2012 floppy b strings

    Dec 12, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    I would go something old school and passive, I think that the Squier VM Jazz would works great for any of those.
  4. MIJ-VI

    MIJ-VI Inactive Supporting Member

    Jan 12, 2009
  5. Where did you get $450 for an Ibanez SR300? GC has them for $300

    You should go to your local GC or music stores, and try stuff out.
  6. Squier Classic Vibe Precision

    Great bang for the buck! Give it a try!

  7. The Fender Deluxe Jazz IV is a very good bass. Very versatile.
    They also sell for over $800 new (righty), lefties are usually more. The price is definitely a bargain if in really good or new condition. I used to own one for about 5 years.

    Trying them out is a good idea if its possible.
  8. Whatever one feels and sounds best to you is the one you should get
  9. fcoda


    Jan 23, 2002
    You could also look into the new Sterling line by EB - replaces the Sub line.
  10. I'll cast another vote for the Squier VM Jazz.

    After recording this past weekend with my new(to me) MIM Fender Jazz... I am VERY happy with the results.

    And just because no one else has said it yet... You could get TWO SX Basses for the prices you're throwing out... just sayin'...
  11. Vakmere


    Sep 6, 2007
    Spector Euro LX
  12. I put my response in the other one of this exact thread. Reference that for my advice if you actually care, but it wasn't all that useful :(