1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

help with bridge replacement

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by pbass1, May 9, 2005.

1. pbass1

pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    i have a 2003/2002 ibanez Gsr200. It has all chrome hardware. but, recently i decided i would rather have all black hardware....so far i have 3 black knobs and 2 black tuners...but i need a black bridge and 2 tuners...where can i get some of these??? :help:

2. pbass1

pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    the only stuff that came up that was quality was warmouth and they dont have to many bridges that i saw and the ones i found werent the right kind because my bass is a bit old...and no black :eyebrow:

see the thing was i got two hipshot bass extenders off ebay (2 for 73 bucks) but they are balck....so it wouldnt match anything on the bass....i've decided i shall have a mismatch bass.....2 black tuners 2 chrome.....black knobs...chrome bridge and black straplocks.

i think it may look cool...and its cheaper :rolleyes:

3. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    First of all, i must say hambone you are the master!! thanks for all the help to all the TBers

Dear PB, i just finished the 5 to 6 convertion of my old wide 5 strings
    i had been searched around, and i find stewmac, allparts and some ebay shop they did offer diff bridge, it all up to the spec you need
    it had been tough for me to find a 16mm 6 strings bridge, but i did got one (not a very good one but still ok) on the bay

i have a older hipshot style A, leaving out, so chk out your spec and let see if i can help

worth to do a search on the ebay

p.s dont forget WD and the mighty mite

Gotoh has some decent bridge made as well

4. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    i just followed hambone instruction on neck replacement, work perfect... thanks dude!! :bassist: