Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help with bridge replacement

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by pbass1, May 9, 2005.

1. pbass1

pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    i have a 2003/2002 ibanez Gsr200. It has all chrome hardware. but, recently i decided i would rather have all black hardware....so far i have 3 black knobs and 2 black tuners...but i need a black bridge and 2 tuners...where can i get some of these??? :help:

2. pbass1

pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    the only stuff that came up that was quality was warmouth and they dont have to many bridges that i saw and the ones i found werent the right kind because my bass is a bit old...and no black :eyebrow:

see the thing was i got two hipshot bass extenders off ebay (2 for 73 bucks) but they are balck....so it wouldnt match anything on the bass....i've decided i shall have a mismatch bass.....2 black tuners 2 chrome.....black knobs...chrome bridge and black straplocks.

i think it may look cool...and its cheaper :rolleyes:

3. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    First of all, i must say hambone you are the master!! thanks for all the help to all the TBers

Dear PB, i just finished the 5 to 6 convertion of my old wide 5 strings
    i had been searched around, and i find stewmac, allparts and some ebay shop they did offer diff bridge, it all up to the spec you need
    it had been tough for me to find a 16mm 6 strings bridge, but i did got one (not a very good one but still ok) on the bay

i have a older hipshot style A, leaving out, so chk out your spec and let see if i can help

worth to do a search on the ebay

p.s dont forget WD and the mighty mite

Gotoh has some decent bridge made as well

4. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    i just followed hambone instruction on neck replacement, work perfect... thanks dude!! :bassist: