1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help With My First Pedal Board

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mason Elliott, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Mason Elliott

Mason Elliott

Nov 25, 2018
  2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton valar morghulis Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    You’d have to look at the draw from each of those pedals and then see what the one spot can handle.

My inclination would be yes, but you never know.

3. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

via google, i learned that there were several different pieces called "truetone 1 spot." but all of the ones i saw would handle those three pedals.

whether or not you can get your 'boat to float' with those pedals and that combo amp = depends on your need for volume. if you can play at volume levels appropriate for your setup: you're cool! good luck with your pedal board! :thumbsup:

4. Mason Elliott

Mason Elliott

Nov 25, 2018
    I am seeing that the Q-Tron requires 24v DC. Will it still work with this power supply?

5. rohi

rohi Lead Lined Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Philadelphia
    Onespot only outputs 9v DC, so you'd have to use the plug that comes with the Q-Tron.

6. Mason Elliott

Mason Elliott

Nov 25, 2018
    Okay. That makes sense. Thanks for the help!

rohi likes this.
  7. Mo'Phat

Mo'Phat Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2003
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Do you own the Qtron+ yet? If not, there are plenty of solid options for quacky envelope filters that are perfectly fine with 9v power.

One of the few 'cons' with EH pedals is there non-standard power requirements.

Look at the Broughton JoshWah, Fwonkbeta, Source Audio Manta, Iron Ether Xerograph...even the MXR Bass Envelope Filter does a decent quack.

8. Mason Elliott

Mason Elliott

Nov 25, 2018
    The MXR Bass Envelope Filter almost sound exactly like the Q-Tron. Thanks man.