Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help!

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by petey, Dec 14, 2004.

1. petey

petey

Jun 2, 2004
    B.S.E England
    Hi there

Iv got a bit of problem at the moment. Iv never really had too much trouble creating basslines to my guitar players parts, however this time i'm really in a pickle and would love a bit of input or advice.

These are the chords my guitarist is playing:
    --9---7---7---4
    --9---9---7---5
    -10--10---9---7
    --0---0---0---0
    The notes of each chord are picked in quite a straight forward rhythm although the only consistancy in the note order is that each chord starts with a low E. Obviously you can't get the exact feel of what is being played from 4 tabbed chords but can anyone make any interesting suggestions? The difficulties I am faced with seem to, for the most part, be derived from the fact that there is know real progression - all the chords have an E as the root. Anyone else had trouble constructing basslines to songs with chords of this nature?

Cheers!

2. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    What chords are those (I don't read guitar tab)? Can you name the chords? Can you name the notes of the chords? Once you know what notes you have to work with, then you can begin constructing your lines.

3. SyntaxError

SyntaxError

Sep 24, 2003
    so he is playing 4 bars with 4 quarter notes in each bar?

looks like He's playing in B minor... so you have B C# D E F# G A to work with

one idea... everytime he starts on the open E you can treat that as a rest, then you can follow this chord progression

G major, G Major, F# minor, E minor