1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

hi ! question ! need help

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by ghost187, Nov 4, 2010.

1. ghost187

ghost187

Nov 4, 2010
    hi everyone :)
    i was just wondering if i could get some answers to my questions here, i am not a bassist player but i got a bass guitar in 2002 as a gift,.. a fender precision bass special edition 2002 ans she's still brand new in her case. Since a few years now im always wondering what to do whit it because im not really attracted to play this instrument and i would like to sell it. My issue is i don't know how much she really worth and i don't find any like the one i have on the net.. weel.. sometimes i find some pictures but still that's doesnt give me the price so, im @#cked lol. and when i go to a place where they sell some musical stuff they want to buy it but like i said i don't know how much my bass worth :S
    So that's the reason i found you guys, i mean this forum.
    i was so glad i hope you guys can help me whit my problem :)
    ho by the way i didnt complete my profile, im a 25 years old girl living in laval, quebec ( in case i have to specify i don't know :p ) im sorry about my english it's not perfect, i am french and english language is all new for me so.. hope i am not so bad.. lol
    Take care :)

2. Hi Fender Basses are made in three different quality/price ranges. You need to determine where the bass was made as this is the major determining factor in placing a value on it. This is a very general statement but the China made "Squire" p basses average about $100 to $150 US (USED), The Mexican models run near $250 to $400 US and a real American made model may start at the Mexican price and go up to $1000 or more for some models. (USED PRICES) Start looking for similar basses on craigs list or ebay for comparisons.

3. Age and condition are also important factors when trying to put a price on a Bass guitar like a Fender Precision

4. This thread should be in the Bass guitar Forum not here...

5. ghost187

ghost187

Nov 4, 2010
    thanks for your help :)
    i really appreciate it. when i got my bass the tag on it said made in usa. i never tought of it before but there's a serial number on it. ill go check if i can get the exact information on internet whit that. thanks a lot.

6. ghost187

ghost187

Nov 4, 2010
    sorry about that