Hipshot info ??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kelu, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Kelu

Dec 6, 2002
    Lille in France
    Ok guys, I'd like to put hipshot on the E string of my Sterling..
    Where can I have the cheapest one? The best one?
    Does it affects anything for the bass? For the neck?
    Can I go down to the C?
  2. ERMAL

Jun 20, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Kelu - I have hipshots on my 57 P-Bass RI and my 62 Jazz RI. They are direct replacements so no modification is needed to the bass. They also come in a wide variety of models and finishes for just about every bass you can think of and yes, you can tune down to C. In fact, that is what I keep my tuned to and I've never had any problems. They are a little tricky to get used to at first when it comes to tuning and of course remembering the new positions on the fingerboard when you engage them but, the instructions are easy to understand and it becomes second nature after a while. Installation is also easy. I think the going price is about $75 and up - they are well worth it IMHO. Good luck
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    You need a BT-1, $75 at basspartsresource.com

Anyway, it really doesn't affect the neck too much, the only real problem comes in the guitar versions with a tremolo, or a bass tremolo for that matter.
  4. dmaki

Apr 29, 2000
    I have one on my L-2000 and it works great. Tune to E, flip the switch, adjust/tune the screw to whatever note you want it to be, flip it back up. Very easy.