1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hohner Fretless Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blues_bassist, Mar 29, 2013.

1. blues_bassist

blues_bassist

Mar 14, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    So I have the opportunity to purchase a Hohner fretless Jazz bass. Does anybody know anything about these basses? Quality, sound, anything? Here's a pic of it...

[​IMG]

2. Hardybar

Hardybar

Sep 24, 2013
    I also have a Hohner Fretless bought in 1969 for $300 including a Kustom 100 watt amp. It has all the original strings, plastic wrapped 2 in blue, 1 in red, & 1 in yellow. I tried once many years ago to replace the strings, thinking that they must have gone bad over the years, but the new strings would not play in tune, and I had to put back the originals (thank God I had not thrown them away!) and those 44 year old strings still play like new! It has an adjustable neck, by means of a 1/4 inch bolt accessible at the nut between the middle strings. I could never find a serial #, but I wouldn't take it apart to find it. A great bass to play, and I would not give it up for anything!