1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Homemade Tobacco Pipe and Drums!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DLemos, Sep 16, 2016.

1. DLemos

DLemos

Sep 7, 2015
    Here is the story behind it's creation, I call it "The Witches Haflinger":

Witches are known for their treacherous plans: plotting against the general progression of mankind, whilst making a name for their circle, and more importantly- themselves. They tend to favor the horse because of the attainability, and pre-domestication, as they sneak them out of the towns under mystical disguises. With their enchants, they solidify the creatures' lively matter to wood, leaving their veins to forever drown in Unholy opiates, and the like. What remains of the horse is planted into the Earth, often surrounded by the company of hollow oaks. With the grain planted, the specimen is prepared to reproduce the substance of choice into eternity, as the Witches leach, and bathe in the trance.

When the roots are immersed from the Earthen crust, the blood remains, as we drain the narcotic substance, the forbidden corruption, into the pores of the Witches, guided by the burning Spirit Wind.

These are the progress photographs from start to finish, in chronological order. I began the project on the First of June, and completed it on the Third of September, although the paint was not completely set.

So in order to smoke this gem, you place tobacco in the underside of the hoof, and puff it through the end of the tube.

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 18. IMG_1188. IMG_1202. IMG_1204. 24.

2. DLemos

DLemos

Sep 7, 2015
    I do have two "12" note drums that I made last year as well, complete with sticks, posted below. There is also a 4 string bass in the making, I'll post that in... A while.

1. 20.JPG 33. 34. 36. 29.JPG 1. IMG_1244.

47th Street likes this.
  3. DLemos

DLemos

Sep 7, 2015
    I have a whole bunch more photos of the first drum, with the red berry staining, but they contain a very slow progression.

47th Street likes this.
  4. 10cc

10cc

Oct 28, 2013
    Nice work. Here's something you'd probably appreciate. I watched this the other night both parts and this is pretty sick.

47th Street and DLemos like this.
  5. D M C

D M C Oh good god, this again? Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
    On the threshold of a verge on the brink.
    I don't get it

DLemos likes this.