1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How do i record my bass online ?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by marcus2007, Dec 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. I'm a Bassist, have been for alot of years .I want to know how do i record my basslines online for say a producer or even a band thats in another part of the world in another city or country? what is the process?Do i record my Bass onto my recording software save it as an mp3 file and then e-mail it? Or is there some sort of universal software that would enable me to do this?

2. Badwater

Badwater

Jan 12, 2017
    You have a couple of options. But the goal is to record your bass line or music into a WAV file for the best sound. Using a interface and DAW can do it on a computer.

Once you have your music recorded and mixed down in a WAV file for the best sound quality, then you can post it on any of the free music websites like BandCamp, or SoundCloud for people to download for free or what ever you want to charge.

If you are doing collaboration with a band or for a studio, you can use the DAW and record your bass line or music to the time code of the DAW. That way when you give your bass track to the studio or other party, they will have a time code on the recording so they can plug in your track and edit it with the rest of the music. The time code allows others to cut and paste, or adjust tempo. You can use DropBox to send and receive WAV files for your DAW. And You can send Studio WAV files to others so they can use it.

Another option for collaboration is to record over another track or have someone record over your track. This can be done by sharing your music using the BandCamp or SoundCloud. Just download or upload a track to collaborate with. Or you can use DropBox to share your files with others.

If all this is too much to consider. You can get a good digital video camera and video tape your recording and post it on YouTube.

3. back4more

back4more

Aug 11, 2007
    Oakland, CA
  4. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned

Use a recording software and ask whoever you’re sending to what bit depth and sampling rate they want. They’ll want a wav file - send a producer an mp3 and you’ll never be asked to record for them again.