Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How do I select an avatar?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DaMaGe, Inc., Dec 22, 2004.

1. As the title says, how do I select an avatar? When I go to the Edit Avatar section, I can't unselect the 'Do not use an avatar' thingy for some reason. And nothing happens when I click on Reset Fields. :help:

Thnx in advance.

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Read the FAQ.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    If you send me $40, I can get you an avatar...

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    To answer your question, you have to be a supporting member. Go here and and signup: Supporting Membership

5. First, you must be WORTHY of the avavtar. Then you must be selected by our council of heirarchs to become an initiate.

After the mandatory period of fasting, meditation, and extreme practice, you will be brought before the Grand John for judgment. If you are found to be worthy, and you are found to have a bass with more than four strings, and are fonud with $40 on you, then you are brought to the sacred CHAMBER OF SLAP. There the various Supporting Members of TB will batter you remorselessly with their right thumbs, and occasionally flick you with a finger. And they take your $40.

Finally, after you cry out in pain and anguish at having to listen to Polka music for 20 hours, you will be led for The Altar. On The Altar will be a series of pictures. There are many pictures, too many to be counted. In order to find the picture that will become your avatar, you must search for it. Use the saced Keys, which are on a board in front of you, to make the word or words you need to find your avatar appear on The Altar. Once you find the picture that suits you best, you must "save" the avatar from The Altar. Once it is saved, you may place it in the holiest of Avatar slots.

Then we beat you with our thumbs again. Then we get drunk and play ping pong!!:D:D:D:D

Rock on
    Eric

6. And for a serious answer, you have to become a supporting member, which requires you to donate $20 to Paul to help keep the site running. (It's to help cover hosting costs, server box costs etc)

7. Hehe, ok I get it guys. Thnx for the help. :p

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Kelly.....Davidoc....you guys need to step up and buy a supporting membership yourself. :)

-Mike

9. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Agreed.

-Toaster.

10. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Yea, I know it! I have been a bad, bad boy :scowl: ....................................... :D
    Hopefully after X-mas I can get it taken care of.

11. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    See guys, proof that Peer Pressure works :D!!

12. Waddaya mean? This is what I had to go through. And don' even get me started on what I had to do to become a Mod!!

Rock on
    Eric

13. You never look at Munji or JT the same way again do you?

I still shreak in high yelps whenever I see a waxing parlor.