1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

how do you do it?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by ollienohope, Feb 17, 2008.

1. ollienohope

ollienohope

Feb 17, 2008
    uk
    im wondering how do you record your playing on to your pc, what equipment and software do you need. can anybody help me out?

2. Last call

Last call

Aug 27, 2007
    Indianapolis
    http://www.mediafire.com/?6ygsi131xyx

Heres an album i made(mp3's) with a multi tracking program you can download for free and purchase for 50$ after about a week or so of free use.. it provides drum samples and other sounds to work with.

if these tracks sound like something your trying to do let me know and ill tell you more about which program im using.

3. majo57

majo57

Jan 24, 2007
    France
    I use an usb audio interface named Jamlab and Cubase SX .

But there is a lot of free software to record, but the interface is commonly the big problem.

4. jakusx

jakusx

Nov 11, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale
    I have an Apple, I plug my bass right into my laptop and play.

5. I bought a M-Audio Fast-Track USB interface at a discount from Best Buy - $99 list price - it's basically just a preamp that has a 1/4" in, an XLR in, and a USB out. Comes with the "Session" software, but I've been using CoolEdit Pro for a while, and know how to use it, so that's what I'm sticking with.

I haven't had any issues with lag or "latency" in audio-speak, and it's pretty clean. Even provides phantom power for mics.

6. hey,
    I run a Presonus Firepod into my mac via firewire. (The Firepod is also good to go on PC`s)
    I use Cubase Le (Which came with the firepod) and Reason.

You can check out some rough mixes here: www.myspace.com/theviberiders

I hope that helps.