How does this Stage diagram this look?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by akaTRENT, Feb 25, 2010.

1. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hey guys Im working on my bands epk just wanted to make sure the equipment section looks clear!

(I think its funny how the bass cab is a 4x12 and 1x15)

Look clean enough?

[​IMG] [​IMG] Basic Requirements

Stage dimensions preferred are approximately 20 x 15

GEAR:
    (1) VOX AC 30 TBX Guitar Amp (Instrument Mic'd)

(1) Soldano Hot Rod 100 xl Guitar head w (1)Marshall 1960 ax 4x12 cabinet
    (Instrument Mic'd)

(1) Ampeg SVT Classic Bass Head (300w) w/ (1) Ampeg 8x10/e cabinet
    (Instrument Mic'd w/ D.I.)

(1)Moog Voyager Keyboard
    (1)Wurlitzer Electric Piano
    (1)Korg Micro Synth

Standard 3-piece Drum Set

(3) Vocal Mics

2me4e4o.png

2. stiles72

stiles72

Mar 20, 2009
    Albany IL
    Pretty straightforward...

3. ric stave

ric stave

May 6, 2006
    Buffalo, NY
    Looks fine - I would also put on there who wants what in each monitor mix, and how many seperate mixes you require or can get by with.

4. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 Demons run when a good man goes to war

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest
    Commercial FREE!
    Is your band:

Guitar
    Bass
    Keys
    Drums (3 Piece?)
    Vocalist?
    I would place the lead vocalist center, from what I see, that would be the Bassist, if there is no lead singer. I prefer bass to be far left, but that's just me.

X8

5. I would recommend using upstage and downstage instead of front and back and keeping the text out from under the symbols because it makes it hard to read. Also, you might want to orient the keyboards and stuff the way you actually want it to be positioned on the stage--it's hard to tell since you used those images to notate the keyboards. On the plots that have been handed to me, I've never seen images like that, just boxes the approximate size of the object with labels or a key. It might also be a nice touch to try to make things like the drums to scale.

6. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    I agree. The images are not at all helpful because they don't really depict how things are actually laid out on stage. For example, do you have two vocalists in addition to the 2 guitars and bass? I can't tell from the diagram. Why is there a monitor in the downstage left corner of the stage that does not appear to be associated with any player or vocalist?

Also, how are the keyboards connected to the PA? Are you miking the drums?

7. i would include a pic(s) of the layout

8. jetlaggemini

jetlaggemini

Jun 3, 2009
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, GHS, Dunlop, DiMarzio, Seymour Duncan
    yo dude, for stage plots you want to use boxes with an overhead view. also along with the stage plot goes an input list if you are bring your own foh. i'll try to dig up our 2009 stage plot and post it or IM it to you.

9. jetlaggemini

jetlaggemini

Jun 3, 2009
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, GHS, Dunlop, DiMarzio, Seymour Duncan
    Here's one similar to ours in layout. Ours was flipped upside down however. Most stage managers like this format the best.

[​IMG]

10. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    THIS is a stage plot. It tells the crew exactly what and where things are to be, and what it should LOOK like when they're done setting up.

John

11. Hi.

This is an informative one, the OP's was, well... , not ;).

As I always think everything from the FOH persons perspective, I prefer to draw mine "upside down" as well.

Regards
    Sam

12. is there a program out there designed for stage diagrams? or are you guys all working in paint or some other basic programs?

13. Hi.

On the rare occasion that I nowadays need to draw one, the age-old pencil and a sheet of paper will do for me :).

Any free CAD program will do, as well as any basic drafting program that lets You use text.

Regards
    Sam

14. thanks for that Sam i spoke to a friend who does design and he is going to help me convert a paper drawing onto an Adobe CS (think thats what its called) file. this will be good because it will allow us to change up the stage plan very easily as apparently ill just be able to move existing pieces around my plan and insert and move text easily!

15. Bootzilla

Bootzilla

May 4, 2009
    Paint will probably be sufficient. You could also use some free program like gimp or google sketchup (don't know if it's easy to add text in sketchup).

16. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey

For the record, I did not start the plot I posted earlier it was already made I was fixing it and figured something was up. Hence why I posted it here, and thankfully matt came to the rescue!

17. This is really good. Thanks for posting.

As far as programs for stage plots go, you could use Googles free Sketchup program: http://sketchup.google.com

You could make a 3D model of your bands equipment and lay the stage out that way. Although, I think that might be overkill.

EDIT: By the way, there are 3D models of amps, guitars, drums and so on already in the Google warehouse: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/search?q=amplifier&styp=m&btnG=Search&reps=1

I may have talked myself into this.

/EDIT

18. BluesWalker

BluesWalker Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego
    you can simply prepare the type of plot above using the draw function in Word or PowerPoint, you don't need any fancy CAD program.

19. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    I would much rather be on the side with the hihat and keys, rather than the ride cymbal side with a guitarist.

20. I agree... I just thought it was cool that a free tool like Google Sketch even exsisted. My band uses a hand drawn sketch and a spreadsheet for how things are wired.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021