1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How many basses do you own? (Currently) Part 2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jan 23, 2013.

1. 1

731 vote(s)
    10.1%
  2. 2

1,214 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. 3

1,252 vote(s)
    17.2%
  4. 4

1,018 vote(s)
    14.0%
  5. 5 to 9

2,107 vote(s)
    29.0%
  6. 10 to 20

701 vote(s)
    9.7%
  7. 21 +

180 vote(s)
    2.5%
  8. Too many to count

60 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. lat

lat

Dec 30, 2014
    Lower Basstonia
    Just added a couple more, so I'm up to 7 now. Time to thin the herd.

Outtaseezun likes this.
  2. I have six and that's enough for now.
    1- 1995 Washburn XB-200 PJ bought in 1996. Basswood body, rosewood fretboard.
    2- 2007 Oscar Schmidt OB100B AEB bought in around 2008. Rosewood board.
    3- 2007 Ibanez SR905FM-TKF bought in 2018. Maple body, rosewood board.
    4- 2009 Ibanez SR5000E-OL bought in 2018. Mahogany body, Wenge board.
    5- 2010 Ibanez SRT900DX-NTF bought in 2018. Ovangkol body, Rosewood board.
    6- Sire V7 Natural bought in 2018. Swamp ash body, Maple board.

In my herd there are many body-fretboard combinations but what's missing seems to be an Alder-Ivory combo. No wonder why those 2nd Gen Sire P7s look charming to me. Maybe in the future...

Outtaseezun likes this.
  3. So happy to report # 18 is on it's way :)

scottm likes this.
  4. Adjectives

Adjectives Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Seattle, Wa
    A Vintage P Fender, an Indonesian PJ Schecter, and a Korean J Spector.

5. ACWild

ACWild

Nov 5, 2019
    I’m lucky to have a narrow-mind in the sound that I like so that I only have two basses, an Elite Jazz 5-string and an Elite P 4-string. The only bass that I may add is an American Geddy Lee Jazz because I’m a fan, but I really don’t need any more instruments. This past month I’ve been on a massive gear purge and it’s been wonderful.

6. gigetto

gigetto

Sep 25, 2019
    Steinberger Spirit, Maruszczyk elwood L4, Yamaha RBX A2, as amarcord FB by Aria ProII

MonetBass likes this.
  7. Billy Grizzard

Billy Grizzard

Nov 23, 2019
    1970 fender telecaster and 1987 peavey foundation

JRA likes this.
  8. Hnz

Hnz

Jul 13, 2010
    The Netherlands
    This is 5 out of 7. Just my Squiers. I further have a Fender Mustang and a Yamaha BB Bass.

KAF1PD.jpg

Nunovsky, PizzaFiend and Outtaseezun like this.
  9. Playbyear

Playbyear

Nov 20, 2019
    MA
    Early 80’s Fernandez Jazz
    Early 80’s D’Agostino Showman
    Later 1990’s Godin Acoustibass LR Baggs model.
    (All fretted 4 string)

10. enough

11. mrjim123

mrjim123 Supporting Member

May 17, 2008
    Indy
    The Gene Deer Band
    Fender Player Jazz
    G&L Tribute SB-2
    G&L Tribute JB-2
    Sterling S.U.B. StingRay
    Cort GB54JJ
    Jackson X Series Concert Bass
    ESP LTD D4
    Squier VM Jazz Fretless
    SX 32" scale Jazz

Outtaseezun likes this.
  12. Ol' Dub

Ol' Dub

Nov 6, 2014
    Washington
    After only having one bass for 17 years, I have purchased two more in the last couple of months.

The ‘98 Warwick has been around since ‘02 but the Carvin XB75 and Fender classic 70s J are recent acquisitions. 86F7B0A2-419E-42F2-A3DB-0FA55089F2E7.jpeg

13. Hey there! Are U sarisfied with that SUB bass???

14. mrjim123

mrjim123 Supporting Member

May 17, 2008
    Indy
    The Gene Deer Band
    Yep. It's well-built and sounds great.

Outtaseezun likes this.
  15. I was thinking about getting one, but then i saw in the Ray4 & Ray5 thread how people were talking about changing the preamp, the pick ups etc etc, and how these basses weren't "the real deal" etc and it kinda put me off..

16. PizzaFiend

PizzaFiend

Oct 4, 2019
    USA Earth
    staurosjohn, generalduncan and scottm like this.
  17. darkinners

darkinners

Oct 4, 2006
    5 at the moment.

1. Fender American Jazz 60th Anniversary with John East J-Retro preamp and Nordstand NJ4SV pickups, (the picture is old and still with the DiMarzio Model-J pickups)
    I use this mostly as practice bass, I got it super cheap, even after I bought the John East pre and Nordstrand pickups. Total I spent less than 1k for this bass.
    Fender Jazz.jpg

2. Fodera Emperor 5 Elite
    The me too bass, I have been wanting a Fodera for years, kind of the ultimate bass for many people I think, that includes me. This bass has the best playability I ever played and the tone is super versatile. Now is my 2nd most used recording bass. The only thing I don't like about this bass is the cost..
    Fodera Emperor.jpg

3. Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 Classic
    Been wanted a pre-EB SR but couldn't find anything with the price tag that I am comfortable with. So this is the next best thing. I can't say they sound the same but close enough.
    Musicman Stingray.jpg

4. Sandberg TM4 Custom Shop light aging
    The Lakland is no longer with me and I got the Sandberg also super cheap. The sound of this bass is amazing and the neck is chunky yet feel very comfortable, the neck feel more like a P bass neck than the Jazz bass neck. The EQ section on this bass however is almost useless. Almost impossible to fine tune, you give the knob a tiny nudge, it cut/boost like 12dB and the bass EQ frequency is too deep for me to provide any useful range, it's either club shattering or super lean. The default EQ setting sound super amazing though.
    Sandberg TM4.jpg

5. Warwick Custom Shop Thumb 5 NT
    - My fav bass in term of sound, my least fav bass in terms of playability, It neck dives crazy, and the body position makes accessing the 1st fret feels like a chore, I have small and short hands.
    However it's a tone machine, my most used recording bass. I wouldn't use it for live though.
    Warwick Thumb.jpg

Nunovsky likes this.
  18. cmcbass

cmcbass Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Minneapolis
    I just had all my basses at home for the first time in a long time, and I forgot to take the "ol' family photo!" I only own 3, but at least one is always at my rehearsal space. Shucks, missed opportunity!

19. cmcbass

cmcbass Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Minneapolis
    That's a nice collection of basses! My thumb doesn't neck dive nearly as bad as I expected when I bought it. I was expecting the worst when I bought it, so maybe that helped out when I finally got it in my hands and it tended to sit horizontal instead of falling to the floor.

20. bandl

bandl Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Florence, Mass.
    Right now 7 for me:
    EBMM Stingray 4HH
    EBMM Stingray 4H Fretless
    EBMM Sterling 4H
    EBMM Sterling 4HS
    G&L LB-100
    Warwick Steamer Stage 1
    Peavey Millenium