How to re-attach MarkBass plastic logo to speaker cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chris Palmer, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Chris Palmer

Chris Palmer

Aug 9, 2017
    When I bought my MarkBass 151P speaker cabinets I removed the plastic ''MarkBass' logos from the front grills. I now want to re-attach the logo to one of the cabinets as I intend to sell it but I've forgotten how it was originally fixed on. Should I use glue, double-sided tape, Blu-tak, chewing gum?

This is possibly not a matter of life or death, but I'd like to at least do it properly.

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

When you sell the cabinet give the buyer the decal and be done with it. :)

3. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone.

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Yes, let the buyer decide if they want it on there or not. Then they can post a thread like this one. ;)

saabfender, Mili, SJan3 and 1 other person like this.
  4. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

Aug 7, 2008
    A lot of people dislike badges. I agree with the others, put it in an envelope, let the buyer decide.

To reattach it, I’d use a small amount of clear silicone adhesive. You can buy a tube at a hardware store. A less permanent solution is double sided carpet tape.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  5. Chris Palmer

Chris Palmer

Aug 9, 2017
    When I sell things I like them to be in the most original condition possible, but as I'm probably not the only one to dislike large badges I'll probably take your advice and leave it off.

Thanks for the suggestions.

saabfender, spvmhc and SJan3 like this.
  6. PCR

PCR

Apr 11, 2008
    Double stick tape.

Ampslut likes this.
  7. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Lol. Like a badge is required to determine whether it is a MB or not.

Aqualung60, Treb and Big AL-Muncher like this.
  8. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

I'd let the buyer decide. I know if I was going to buy a cabinet & the logo was missing, I'd prefer it stayed off. They just get in the way of the sound waves :cool:

Jason Hollar and Lvjoebass like this.
  9. Ampslut

Ampslut

May 15, 2017
    Barrackville WV
    I'd go with double stick tape. That way the new owner can easily remove it:)

10. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Bootlegger guitars : S.I.T. Strings Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Florida USA
    Not to mention that it also makes the cabinet lighter!

Lvjoebass and Killed_by_Death like this.
  11. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    IMG_0826.JPG

J-Bassomatic likes this.
  12. klejst

klejst Guest

Oct 5, 2010
    Let the new buyer decide, they may not want it on there either. However it would still be nice to have included if I were buying it. I have thought at times of removing the Mesa logo plate from my cab but it's easily attached with two screws.

13. Chris Palmer

Chris Palmer

Aug 9, 2017
    Of course, weld it on! Why didn't I think of that?

Thank you Charlie Monroe.

charlie monroe likes this.
  14. Use oatmeal to glue it back. Seriously, have you ever tried to get dried oatmeal off of a bowl?

15. spvmhc

spvmhc

Apr 14, 2011
    Having removed MarkBass badges from cabinets, I know what work you went through to get off. The word "tenacious" doesn't begin to describe the adhesive. And I agree your effort was well worth the trouble; the badges are bone ugly. Be kind to the next purchaser by keeping them off.

Jason Hollar likes this.
  16. johnson79

johnson79

Jan 8, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Only every single time my kids eat it and leave the bowl on the counter all day... :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Big AL-Muncher likes this.
  17. thewildest

thewildest

May 25, 2011
    Florida, USA
    I would advice against selling it without the label. Whereas it takes some experience (both with the product and playing) to understand why someone would chose to remove the logo, choice I absolutely respect, I feel that a removed logo may give the average buyer the idea that the item may be “more used” that it actually is. Is could feel as “modified” to normal folk shopping for an amp.

If someone searches MarkBass probably wants to buy the amp, the experience, the identification wih the brand, show he/she has one, and knowing that the previous owner was messing with it may reduce the buyers perception of value. Remember, there is an industry out there trying to sell you stuff mostly based on the way it looks.

Just a thought, making it look the same as it did new may translate in more $ for you.

I hope it helps,

spvmhc and Treb like this.
  18. Mediocrity Man

Mediocrity Man Master of Mediocrity Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Wantage, New Jersey
    I used silicone glue on my Aguilar's. Two years and holding!

19. Aqualung60

Aqualung60

Jun 19, 2013
    New Jersey
    Badges?, we don't need no stinking badges!

20. Chris Palmer

Chris Palmer

Aug 9, 2017
    Yes, they really are my thoughts too. I am thinking of re-attaching the badge now, probably with silicone sealer. I guess that if I was able to remove it cleanly in the first place someone else will be able to do so as well if they want to. It is a crappy looking logo though.