Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How would this fly?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by picknslap, Apr 18, 2005.

1. picknslap

picknslap

Sep 9, 2004
    Manteca
    I'm thinking of possibly trading in my current rig, or just waiting until I have enough for a new one. I want to get Avatar cabs to go under a Kustom Groove 1200. How would a 410 and a 212 sound together? And what is the difference between the Delta, Neo, and Pro cabinets at Avatar?

2. As far as I know, a 2 x 12 would be more aerodynamic than a 4 x 10. Although once you take in account the lighter frame of the Neo magnets in the 4 x 10, you're probably gonna have to put about the same amount of thrust behind the cabs to get the kind of lift you need for these babies to get airborne. Now with the two together and a Kustom Groove Head at the helm, you're looking at a smaller bomber aircraft to take to the skys.

God Speed.

3. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I have the Kustom Head, and the 212, it sounds really good. I plan on buying the 410 neo someday though, just to have more power (I cant help it, 1200 watts sounds oh so good)

4. Think crappy '80's movies.

Pros: Maverick. "Top Gun" of the line.
    Neos: Kinda like Goose. "Light"-hearted and easy to handle.
    Deltas: just like the girl, everyone loves 'em and they're cheap.

Dave, feel free to use the pathetic analogy above, should you ever decide to advertise.

To answer your question: it's the drivers....or is it the pilots?

Mike

5. picknslap

picknslap

Sep 9, 2004
    Manteca

yes, what is it exactly that makes the Neos better than the deltas and the pros better than the neos? Is it just a higher attention to detail? Speakers? Is the crossover I keep reading about better?

6. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

IM also planning on adding a 2x10 or a 4x10 of Avatar Neos to my Avatar B212, but thats later in the future. I don't need it yet.

7. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I'd give it some Red Bull.

8. jedi

jedi

Apr 11, 2003
    north texas
    I'm about to get another cab to pair with my avatar 212 8ohm, and was curious also how a 410 would pair up. I was thinking doing two 212s but hadn't thought to much about adding a 410.
    -Kyle

9. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    around
    Delta= heav, can handle 200wattsRMS, and puts out the strongest lows out of the 3
    Neo= very, very lightweight, and a hump with the mids
    Pro= the base model, people were raving about them before the other two models came along

10. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Well that 2x12 and 4x10 are a lot to lug around if even just the size. I used to have an Avatar 4x10 and 1x15. Now that I scaled back to a 2x10 and 1x12 stack, my back is much happier and I don't miss the old setup one bit as this setup puts out PLENTY of volume and can handle the watts too. Bigger is not always better. I found out the hard way. Take my advice and learn from my mistakes!

Great choice for the head though!!!! :D

11. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yes, I have to chime in as well seeing how my "rig brothers" Quadzilla and Sutton have weighed in.

I am getting the Avatar 410 and 210 NEO's to go with my Groove Bass head. I agree that the 212 may have more lows than the 210, but I figure that with a higher x-max PLUS more cone surface area using six 10's, I'll be able to liquify anyone sitting in the front eight rows with the onslaught of pure funky-bass goodness....damn, makes ya wanna slap yo momma, doesn't it? :smug:

12. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    ..and because their NEO's....I'll save myself some back pain to boot!

13. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I think you have your descriptions of the Pro and the Delta backwards.

14. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    What? Are you actually referring to Top Gun as a crappy movie? What's next? Are you going to start bad-mouthing Rocky? The Breakfast Club? Terminator?

:D

15. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    News Flash : Top Gun was horrible

16. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Oh man..... I don't know what to say to a comment like that........ how about...... Negative Ghost Rider the pattern is full. :D

17. picknslap

picknslap

Sep 9, 2004
    Manteca
    dizamn, 200watts? that's it? Or did you mean 2000 watts, in that case...dizamn.