Hubert Eaves IV

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by wulf, Feb 28, 2003.

1. BaileyMan

BaileyMan Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2012
    San Francisco
    How about the 2017 bump?

Just discovered his playing on Erykah Badu's Live album. Agreed, super tasty grooves!

It's not typically my kind of music, but I can certainly get into the wonderfully tasty, spot on, simple grooves. His grooves support the music in exactly the way it needs, in my opinion. Great foundation, never in the way of anything else, with great tone to boot!

markjazzbassist likes this.
  2. OnTheOneBaby

OnTheOneBaby

Sep 4, 2013
    The above refers nicely to this cut from the album of D-Train Williams of that rather sad era (80s) when keys players ousted nearly everybody from the studios except their guitar playing pals.

Maybe the Number Four Son got his chance 'cause Papa was producing the album?

BaileyMan likes this.
  3. Danielle Eaves

Danielle Eaves

Mar 6, 2020
    Wow, this is beautiful.

I’m The Granddaughter of Jazz player Hubert B Eaves II, The niece of pianist Hubert B Eaves III, and the cousin of Bassist Hubert B Eaves IV as well as great cousin to A&R Hubert B Eaves V.....

Few things, none of them spend much time online and getting them to create a website was tough but H.Eaves III has Home

As of 2020 they appear on various artist songs, still playing, writing and producing.

Now that I have an account here, I’ll do my best to update here and there with the latest.

Thank you everyone for such kind words and I have passed it on to the Hubert’s.

Andy V., Joshua and markjazzbassist like this.
  4. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    Your uncle had one hell of a record in “Esoteric Funk” and his son was a legend on that Erykah Badu Live record. What a family of talent!

Danielle Eaves and Joshua like this.
  5. Danielle Eaves

Danielle Eaves

Mar 6, 2020
    Thank you so much. It’s amazing being in the room with all of them. My dad (Darrell R.I.P.) is a percussionist and vocalist, my uncle kevin is a guitarist. Mostly acoustic and electric, my uncle tony plays the drums.

Great uncle plays wind and percussion. The girls all can dance and vocalist. I play handbells, write.

Grandpa made sure music was the foundation we built our lives on. Together, it’s a rocking party all night long.

Joshua and markjazzbassist like this.
  6. bass30et1

bass30et1

Mar 1, 2018
    Fine to have you in touch.
    Are you able to list us which tracks Hubert IV plays in?

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021