Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got played!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tim Barber, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Tim Barber

Tim Barber Commercial User

Apr 28, 2003
    Serenity Valley
    Owner: Barber Music
    The OM Trio played at a local coffeehouse last week and I brought one of my basses to show to Pete Novembre, their bassist. He really liked it and ended up using it for the whole second set! :bassist: I thought it sounded pretty good, but I couldn't get a copy of the house recording so no clips.

No big deal for most of you I'm sure, but it was great fun for me to see one of my "babies" up on stage. :)

2. that guy is skinny. the bass looks nice.

robb.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Wow. That looks pretty snazzy. It's nice to have a refence shot like that, for spatial reasons.

The GAS...the GAS...

4. Similar story. One of my friends recorded his second CD and used my Fretless on one of the songs. Cool hearing it on CD. :smug:

5. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Re: OM Trio

Those guys are weird. This might be slightly off topic. I got a really strange impression of them at the High Sierra Music Fest a couple years ago. Basically they were running around before their set talking frantically and loudly about what time they were all "dropping molly." I thought they were some crazy fans, no big deal - unitl they jumped on stage. I know festivals are fun for everybody but it was just weird to see them get so worried about what time they were all going to take drugs. I would think they would be more concerned with their set of music. Pretty lame - just felt like sharing...

I bet it was cool to see your bass on stage.

6. I know this prolly won't belong in this thread but can you please post a picture of the hollowbody you built :)?
    Thanks
    Troy

7. Tim Barber

Apr 28, 2003
    Serenity Valley
    Do you mean this one? It's not full hollowbody, just semi-hollow. It belongs to TB'er 5stringDNA.

8. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Fantastic work, Tim - both of your basses in this thread! Do you do your own inlay work, too?

9. Tim Barber

Apr 28, 2003
    Serenity Valley
    Thanks! :) Yes, I'm doing my own inlays. Here's one I just finished:

[​IMG]

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Oooh, quite spanky inlay.

And Tim, I might yet hit you up for that bass. Things be percolating here in P-town.

11. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Congrats Tim- if things go well with my new Blues band gig, then you'll see some more pics of one of your babies on stage. :D The correct knobs finally came in, and I can post a completed pic for everyone tommorow when I put them on. Now if only I could round up the funds for a 6 (possibly 7 string scary!). The pains of being a college student.

12. Tim Barber

Apr 28, 2003
    Serenity Valley
    Cool, can't wait to see it :)

13. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    That is by far the coolest inlay I have ever seen! :cool: I love dragonflys and that just nails one. Great job!

14. fresnorich

fresnorich

Sep 17, 2003
    Fresno, CA
    Awesome inlay work. Best I've seen.

15. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Ok, sorry if I'm slightly hijacking here Tim, but since it is your creation and all.. Here's the final pics with correct hardware. :D

16. Tim Barber

Apr 28, 2003
    Serenity Valley
    Hey, that looks cool! Nothing like a six-month wait for a set of knobs, huh? :rolleyes:

17. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Haha! No Joke! I guess Ibanez only sends out shipments bi-annually. :D