1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

i need a truly massive gig bag.

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG]' started by sing-modulator, Jul 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. sing-modulator

sing-modulator

Nov 23, 2014
    IL
    I recently acquired a guit*r that is absolutely huge. 44.5 inches long and 15 inches at its widest. The only case I could BARELY fit it in was a 12-string acoustic dreadnaught case. This didn't really work for me logistically, so I need some options for where to get a truly enormous gig bag (not hard case).

2. BassChuck

BassChuck Gold Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Percussionist and photographers use large bags. You might check them out. Or visit Omar the Tentmaker.

Zane DeBord likes this.
  3. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    You can get a custom bag made from a tracing of the instrument.
    One of my friends got one for a doubleneck by Colorado Case Co, but there are several other companies who will do the same thing.

4. We know who bought The Mothman Bass! Go ahead, Zane, admit it!

mikewalker, Microbass and Zane DeBord like this.
  5. sing-modulator

sing-modulator

Nov 23, 2014
    IL
    That really makes me wonder how one transports that bass? Or maybe the mothman bass transports you....

Jim C and fretlessguy like this.
  6. Axstar

Axstar Inactive

Jul 8, 2016
    Scotland.
    What kind of bass is it? The biggest gig bags I've owned have been a Thunderbird bass back (shaped for the design of the bass) and the bag that came with a 1st series Godin Shifter bass. I can fit a longscale semi-hollow bass in the Godin bag, which is quite something!

7. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    No need to transport the Mothman, it just appears!!

mikewalker likes this.
  8. ak56

ak56 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Carnation, Wa
    Wherever it wants, whenever it wants. Whether you want it to or not.

mikewalker and JACink like this.
  9. mikeoso

mikeoso Acoustic Curmudgeon

Feb 14, 2014
    eastern Iowa
    Dude...seriously? "Absolutely huge"? Nah. When I wanted a gig bag for my new bass a few years back, I had to get a 4/4 cello bag. The bass is 52 long, 19 wide, and 6 deep. That's it on the left. For the one you have, just go to Levys for an acoustic bass bag. If it takes a Thunderchief, it'll take yours.

two_basses.jpg

Zane DeBord likes this.
  10. sing-modulator

sing-modulator

Nov 23, 2014
    IL
    I ended up getting one from blue heron! wonderful service, thanks for the recommendation, TB!

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 26, 2020