1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need an amp.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tchoky, Jun 5, 2007.

1. tchoky

tchoky

Jun 5, 2007
    Hello,

I am completely new to electric bass. Played upright for a couple of months.

I would like a really small amp, for space and mobility issues, and because i'll only need it for my own practice. But I dont want to spend more than lets say $300. Sound is important, but whatever is best for the price range.

I have an american p-bass. Kinda feel bad for buying a cheap amp, but since i'll only need it for practice, i think it will be fine.

Thanks guys.

2. spiritbass

spiritbass

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    Carvin and Peavey are very high-value brands you could check out. For the best 'boom for the buck', look used. Another idea would be a pair of good headphones & amp. Then you can hear ALL of your technique, good & bad. :cool:

Ken

3. bigbass94

bigbass94

Apr 4, 2007
    A peavey would be a good amp. You can find a good TKO 115 for around $200. And thats 100 watts.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021