1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I only have three basses thread

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sub5ound, Sep 7, 2008.

1. icantaffordawal

icantaffordawal

May 28, 2008
    Kentucky
    yep, three for me

bass
    Picture013-1.

bass
    Picture057.

base
    CVL157.

2. My Squier, My Samick, and my SX :) (that's an old Sears guitar in the back...ignore it)
    DSC00085.

3. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    although I do have a few more beyond the 3 in the picture...they are the main players in order of importance.

#1 Jackson - TBX
    #2 Dillion - DFBB
    #3 EPI - VSBTB

my other ones just sit in the cases jealous of the fact they do not get used.:crying:"life is tough huh"...hehehe

P1010060.

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I actually have the same setup! A P (with flats), a J, and a Reverend 5. It does do everything quite well.

5. miss g

miss g

Mar 30, 2008
    I also have three

A P/J with flats, a Jazz and a Sterling.

6. elgato

elgato

Sep 8, 2008
    Pacific NW
    Also just three!
    1964-65 Hofner Club, 1990s Charvel Surfcaster (not original pic), and a 50s Swedish Bjärton Upright (no pic)

65hofnerclubbass2-1. charvelsurcasterfbass.

7. nothumb

nothumb

Sep 20, 2006
    NYC
    technically i have 4, but really i only have 3 since one of them (a candy-apple red late 80's destroyer with a rusted bridge and what looks like the set of strings installed in the factory) is more of a joke than a bass.

MIM Fender J w/ Badass II, Duncan QPs, Labella flats
    Squier Vintage Modified J
    Custom short scale, string-thru-body 6 w/ bloodwood board, quilted maple / bloodwood top layer over a walnut body, active EMG w/ push-pull single/dual coil pups and custom bull's head MOP inlay.

The latter is really too much for most of the current stuff I'm playing, but it still makes my pants feel tighter every time I look at it...

fullbass.

davebass.

8. wazzel

wazzel

Dec 27, 2007
    Houma, LA
    To get three basses I have to go buy one.

9. HiHowAreYou

HiHowAreYou

Sep 2, 2008
    I have three basses as well.
    My main Fender Mustang Bass
    A Squier Bronco
    and a SX Jazz-copy.
    I want more, though, of course. ;)

10. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    3 here for me.

Schecter Studio5 (custom Kent Armstrong humbucker soap bars and OBP-3)
    Schecter CV-5 (custom Kent Armstrong J in neck, and 2 J's doubled in bridge)
    SX P-bass with Quarter Pounder and Kent East 2-band pre)

I can do anything I personally need to do with these 3.

I could see a Fretless need, and an Acoustic 5-string need for general day to day practice, but those would see little use so I've yet to justify them.

11. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Over the years I have been playing, the average number of basses I have had at any one time was - 2. One primary, one backup in case the primary crapped out at a gig.

Currently, I'm not gigging - although I'm trying to change that - and I'm down to one bass. [I'd like to change that, too. :) ]

I honestly never understood quantities beyond 4 or 5.
    Doesn't make sense to me personally.

When the numbers get into double digits, it almost - sorry folks - offends me. I see some people here with really long lists of basses, and, it sorta makes me puke - and laugh.
    And cry about all the discretionary income they must have. :)

12. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    One - Geddy Jazz
    geddy.

Two - Early 90's CIJ 62 RI Precision
    rug.

Three - Dean Playmate AEB
    dean.

13. mat666

mat666

Apr 3, 2007
    montreal
    I still have 3 basses right now

rickenbacker 4003
    stingray 5
    brice Z6

but I have 1 custom P bass steve harris west hamm model and 1 incredible laporte 6ers on the way so the days are counted where I'll have only 3 basses!!

sorry no pictures I dont know how to re-size them

14. I own one bass and I don't even know what it is! :smug: But I do have access to 5 other basses whenever I want.
    Actually If anybody could help me out on what kind of bass I own that'd be brilliant. It's an Aria.

144b7yu.
    34jbnsj.

Attached Files:

15. vinestreet

vinestreet

Aug 17, 2008
    Singapore
    Sold my old bass for a DJ4 which I'm impatiently waiting for. I'm hoping it'll be the "one bass to rule them all."

16. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    i only have three a Epi 5 String and 2 Ibanez 4 strings

Image1-1.

Hopefully that will change by the end of the year :p

17. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    Having owned dozens and as many as 7 or 8 at once,...when I own more then 3 I find they do more sitting than they get use.I have my 3 main basses 4 counting the red acoustic,But tis hobby as you all know we get basses all the time and at 3 I feel stripped down so should I get Parker or Ice man to add to the hof, jazz and LTD

18. I currently have three as well;
    -1983-4 Yamaha BB1100S
    - 1969 Aria hollow body
    -2008 SX Jazz 5er!
    I may or may not have a 1995 Pedulla Rapture by Friday!:confused:
    fishheadjoe

19. Kawai P/J, Peavey Foundation S, Pedulla Rapture

20. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I couldn't possibly list my previous basses, 7 or 8 at a time, it was ridiculous. I am now down to ONE bass and a combo amp. Makes it easy at gig time.