I ordered a Noguera 9-string ...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkyherbivore, Jun 16, 2004.

1. I just placed an order on a Noguera 9-string YC deluxe! :hyper:
    I don't have details on wood or any minor details yet - not until someone from Noguera contacts me - but I've been thinking of Demeter custom preamp with MIDI and piezo systems (or possibly Lightwave system). Using a graphite reinforced neck and a bolt-on design of my own is under consideration

After the painful waiting period, I'll probably be able to have some pictures of it too, but let's not get too excited yet...oh sod it, let's get excited! :hyper:

Meanwhile you can drool on this:

2. Oooh, very nice! Never heard of them before. Congrats. Welcome to the club! :D

Let's see everybody's 9-strings! Here's mine:

- Dave
  3. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    But Jaco only needed...

:bag: :D
  4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Five strings more than what I prefer, but I hope you enjoy your new bass when it arrives.

How are you going to have your nine tuned?
  5. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    wow...that's really sweet...the spacing looks a little huge (but i imagine that's custom built to someone's specs who requested that), but those big cloverleaf tuners rawk! cool bass, man
  6. Jaco had a five string...lets do some math here. :D

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Those are some big wide necks, enjoy. :)
  8. man, that's not a bass! that's a freaking Chapman Stick! haha. What range are those things?
  9. vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    I invented the 24 case.
  10. Cool name, cool bass. It's like two of my basses put together.
  11. rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    You guys must have 6" long fingers!! :eek:
  12. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Congratulations!! The Yves Carbonne model is sweet! And if I recall they are tuned from E a whole octave down standard E, are going to follow that tuning or F#,B,E, etc..?
  13. 6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    With that many strings, might as well get a guitarist friend to play with. I guess it would be fun to mess around with.
  14. why not C # :crying:
  15. or be the guitarist!
  16. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    You gotta Learn how to tap the bassline with your left hand, and play Lead Guitar with your Right, Just so You dont need a Guitarist!!!
  17. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    I didnt look at the link, It dosent work for me :crying: But it said "Stick" wich leads me to believe it's a Chapman Stick, Correct?
  18. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Uh I dunno my friend showed me it yesterday.. Blows my mind.. The link should work just take a couple mins to download..
  19. yeah its a chapmin stick, ive seen the vid before