Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I should

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by acexxxoasis, Jul 5, 2005.

1. acexxxoasis

acexxxoasis

Apr 12, 2005
    so for those of you that know I was wondering about the peavey alpha bass all tube stack with tax and a retube it came to 417 I put the first part down next friday when I put another payment on it I take home the cab (a peavey 1516)
    this rig will last me untill I can sell my hartke and get a carvin. the peavey will be mine in about a months time. Im excited about it

cabinet=Peavey 1516 one 15" and 2x8"
    head=Peavey Alphabass 165 watts RMS all tube head

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Congrats! Great price!

3. Hey acexxxoasis, where did you get the head from? I put one on consignment at BassNorthWest awhile back, & it just sold. Nice little head, compared very well w/my Mesa D-180. Sweeeet overdriven tone.

4. acexxxoasis

acexxxoasis

Apr 12, 2005
    I got mine from the whitehouse of music here in watertown wisconsin. I got it for 417 with a cabinet and retube. how much did you sell yours for?

5. acexxxoasis

acexxxoasis

Apr 12, 2005
    Im gonna go put some more down and bring home the 1516

6. I almost had one of those cabs, but someone out bid me on ebay when i was at work :(

7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Well, since it's a cheaper version of the D-180 ;)

8. acexxxoasis

acexxxoasis

Apr 12, 2005
    I just walked a mile and a half pushing the 1516 :( but the cabs home now :) pics soon

9. acexxxoasis

acexxxoasis

Apr 12, 2005
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

pics of all my gear so far

10. I got $299(minus 25% consignment fee); I paid $250 for it so I broke even more or less. I kinda miss it, though. It would be neat to put the high end into the Peavey & a 2x10+a bit of O.D. & clean , fat lows through the D-180 & a nice 1x15.

11. acexxxoasis

acexxxoasis

Apr 12, 2005
    our consignment is 70/30 :( im gonna sell my hartke through that way

12. acexxxoasis

acexxxoasis

Apr 12, 2005
    I get the head today :) store opens in about 2 hours but I have to wait for a dish installer :(

13. acexxxoasis

acexxxoasis

Apr 12, 2005
    Ive got it but my cameras on the fritz I might have pics up tonight.