1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I should

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by acexxxoasis, Jul 5, 2005.

1. acexxxoasis

acexxxoasis

Apr 12, 2005
    so for those of you that know I was wondering about the peavey alpha bass all tube stack with tax and a retube it came to 417 I put the first part down next friday when I put another payment on it I take home the cab (a peavey 1516)
    this rig will last me untill I can sell my hartke and get a carvin. the peavey will be mine in about a months time. Im excited about it

cabinet=Peavey 1516 one 15" and 2x8"
    head=Peavey Alphabass 165 watts RMS all tube head

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Congrats! Great price!

3. Hey acexxxoasis, where did you get the head from? I put one on consignment at BassNorthWest awhile back, & it just sold. Nice little head, compared very well w/my Mesa D-180. Sweeeet overdriven tone.

4. acexxxoasis

acexxxoasis

Apr 12, 2005
    I got mine from the whitehouse of music here in watertown wisconsin. I got it for 417 with a cabinet and retube. how much did you sell yours for?

5. acexxxoasis

acexxxoasis

Apr 12, 2005
    Im gonna go put some more down and bring home the 1516

6. I almost had one of those cabs, but someone out bid me on ebay when i was at work :(

7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Well, since it's a cheaper version of the D-180 ;)

8. acexxxoasis

acexxxoasis

Apr 12, 2005
    I just walked a mile and a half pushing the 1516 :( but the cabs home now :) pics soon

9. acexxxoasis

acexxxoasis

Apr 12, 2005
    Image004.
    Image005.
    Image010.
    Image003.

pics of all my gear so far

10. I got $299(minus 25% consignment fee); I paid $250 for it so I broke even more or less. I kinda miss it, though. It would be neat to put the high end into the Peavey & a 2x10+a bit of O.D. & clean , fat lows through the D-180 & a nice 1x15.

11. acexxxoasis

acexxxoasis

Apr 12, 2005
    our consignment is 70/30 :( im gonna sell my hartke through that way

12. acexxxoasis

acexxxoasis

Apr 12, 2005
    I get the head today :) store opens in about 2 hours but I have to wait for a dish installer :(

13. Show pics when you get it man!

14. acexxxoasis

acexxxoasis

Apr 12, 2005
    Ive got it but my cameras on the fritz I might have pics up tonight.