1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I want my old amp back!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bobthebassguy, Aug 23, 2012.

1. bobthebassguy

bobthebassguy

Aug 14, 2012
    Buffalo, NY
    About 5 years ago I sold my Mesa walkabout on eBay to someone in Pitts PA. It was custom covered. Wine Taurus with a wheat grill. The grill had a small rip in the bottom corner and there was a small pen mark on the top handle.

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Okay.

3. kranahan

kranahan Supporting Member

Sounds awesome! This should be in the wanted forum though.

4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Little late to get seller's remorse isn't it??? :D

5. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Good luck with that....

The guy I bought my 800rb from emailed me after 2 weeks wanting to know if he could buy it back.

The answer was no. I did tell him I'd take good care of her though.

6. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Well, while we're wishing for stuff we aren't going to get, I'd like a submissive supermodel...

- georgestrings

7. bobthebassguy

bobthebassguy

Aug 14, 2012
    Buffalo, NY
    I tried to list it in the wanted section but it said there was nothing there and I didn't have permission? I sold it for my ashdown rig and I'm know in a position where I need 2 amps. I would love to have it back.

8. bobthebassguy

bobthebassguy

Aug 14, 2012
    Buffalo, NY
    G-strings, thanks for your sarcasm.

9. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    To post in the Wanted and For Sale areas you have to be a supporting member I believe.

I too think you are wishing upon a star. The amp will certainly not be in the same condition five years later than when you sold it. If you now have funds available and need a second amp go shopping! :)

10. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    If it were me, I'd buy another Walkabout and some Wine tolex. That will prove the far easier solution.

11. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I'd like some wine and a walk about...just to get out of the office and away from this desk...

And I'd also like that pristine 1969 Ampeg SVT and have it for what I sold it for in 1983. Anyone?

12. Oh yeah you sold that SVT to me......oh wait....1983.....na, I wasn't even a fetus yet :p

13. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    I would like the Ampeg B-15N that I sold in 1970 for what I paid for it in 1968; would also like the Juzek bass that I sold in 1989 for $900. Oh well....

Sorry OP, don't mean to be sarcastic. Here's my friendly suggestions:

1. Join TB ($25 cheap) and post an ad in the wanted section - maybe you'll get the same one, maybe a different one.
    2. Do a Craigslist search for a few weeks nationally, never know what might turn up.

I agree with others above, the likelihood you'll find the same one, and from someone who is willing to sell, is highly unlikely. May have to settle for basic black.

14. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Walkabout combos come up for sale all the time (especially on my local craigs) why not just buy one of those...

15. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah, what some of them said.

16. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

No prob - it seemed appropriate, given the topic of discussion...

- georgestrings

17. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Which who's?

18. bobthebassguy

bobthebassguy

Aug 14, 2012
    Buffalo, NY
    I'm well aware that this was a long shot. I plan on buying another amp but thought it would be nice to have my old one back. I played a lot of shows with it.

I could have helped a lot of you guys out... I had a 69, 76, and reissue svt. I also sold within the last year my 69 b15n.

19. Itzayana

Itzayana

Aug 15, 2012
    Oakland Ca
    WOW! Like let go dude. Go get another one.

20. Yeah, I''d like yr old Ampegs, & a cool ocean going craft to get em here on. Thanx everyone.
    Make it so.