1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

iAmp Micro 300

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by needmoney, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian

Oct 31, 2004
    Match that up with the new wizzy=
    mini rig of doom!!

cheers

2. Now that's mighty cool (add a headphone out and it'd be like a PJB Bass Buddy on steroids... hmm, imagine that.)

3. Looks nice. The power section and size of the unit seems to be almost identical to the new Eden260 (automatic voltage adjustment, etc.). There must be some new switching power supply amp or technology on the market that these companies are using.

Not sure if the 3 pound Eden and EA 300 watt units are an improvement over the 4 pound 1000 watt AI or 5 pound 500 watt MarkBass units though.

4. Michael Vee

Michael Vee Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    EA hasn't released graphics of the rear panel yet. So, I wonder if it only has that 1/4" DI out on the front and no XLR on the back. Seems to be the case.

Note EA saying on the website: "Finally, the control circuit of the Micro 300 was designed to be scalable. EA envisions the possibilities of Micro series amps of up to 1,500 watts." Wonder when that 1.5 Kw model will be available?

5. +1 Eden is talking about the same thing, and seems like they will eventually both have a lower cost competitor to the high wattage Walter Woods Ultra. Very cool.

6. :eek:

7. i know, these things look really cool, i was looking to combine one with an lds cab. sweet :)

8. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Looks very interesting! Like many, I'll really give it a look when the 800w - 1000w models start coming out.

9. +1 I'd also love to see them get a real DI in there somehow... maybe by dumping the second channel, which would be of limited use to most players. This is also an issue with the more recent Walter Woods.

10. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

I'd be willing to bet that when they start making the higher power units, they'll look virtually identical to the current Iamp800.

11. I assumed it would be more like the Walter Woods thing.... gradually increasing the power of the unit of the years as the technology improves, but keeping the size and weight of the unit constant.

I assume we will continue to see lighter, more powerful heads coming from a number of manufacturers in the near future:bassist:

12. Gyoon

Gyoon

Nov 12, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    It has a balanced 1/4 stereo direct out. Does that mean that there is some sort of plug adaptor that can convert that stereo plug into an XLR? If it's balanced, then that means that the signal has went through a transformer, correct?

Glenn

13. You just need to use an 1/4 stereo (balanced in the same way an XLR is) to XLR cable to send a balanced signal to whatever (PA, snake, recorder, etc). It is a "real" DI, they were just smarter and saved space :)

Also, EA's unit has 2 channels! :hyper:

Now I'm just hoping the unit can power 2 ohms so 2 Wizzy's can be used...

Tony

14. Very cool!

15. Yeah, it is!

I wish everyone would just use balanced 1/4" jacks. So much easier and more durable...

Tony

16. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    I wonder how many years away basses with a built-in power amp are :eyebrow:

17. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    One trip DB rig? I think so. Saving up as we speak

18. Groovin

Groovin

May 25, 2006
    Wash, D.C.
    My only question with these lighter and lighter amps is this:

Your average cable may very soon be heavy enought to pull the amp right off the top of your cab!! lol. So soon these amps will come with v1.2 "NOW WITH VELCRO!"

19. The funny thing is I'm pretty sure EA is actually thinking about that! Which, btw, is a smart thing considering the tilt back handle...

Personally, I've been waiting for for this rig for YEARS!