1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez 6ers need that Ashula headstock !!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vakbass, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    51.0%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    57.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. That's the best and the most beautiful headstock Ibanez has ever made i wish they would hear me and start producing all the 6ers with this headstock in tha future .
    I thing it looks like a Fodera headstock !

I really want to see Ibanez producing an Ashula look alike standard 6 string bass , both Headstock and body shape are awesome .

What do you think ?

Here are some links to compare .

http://www.ibanez.com/BassGuitars/model-SR1206E

http://www.ibanez.com/BassGuitars/model-SR2010ASC

2. The bodies and headstocks of both basses look the same to me. The Ashula headstock looks slightly bigger considering the pegs are a little more spaced out.

3. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    Anyway... Check it out: conversed to any Ibanez prototype, any series, pretty much like the ltd. ed. Ashula, which've always been ash bodies, the new SRentries come in mahogany, as for tonewoods.

But then again: very similar headstock to recent Gerry Veasley and Adam Nitti signature 6ers

Cheers,
    Wallace

4. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa

Dec 25, 2011
    Canada
    Both look the same to me but the Ashula is a litle wider. I saw an Ashula at my local mom&pop store. Neat bass but kind of wierd to have EADG fretted and DG again but fretless.

5. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    The ashula is wider. I like it

6. JonahTheAmazing

JonahTheAmazing

Dec 19, 2010
    I'm not really seeing much of a difference. I would take either. I do like the Ashula logo.

7. mp40smg

mp40smg

Aug 11, 2010
    Worcester, Ma.
    I'd much rather see a 6 string with a musician style body and head.

8. Peepaleep

Peepaleep Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Las Cruces, NM
    I don't think the ashula is wider - the color makes it look wider.

9. JonKim

JonKim Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2011
    After owning an ashula it definitely is wider. The entire bass is bigger than your normal soundgear. The strings are 20mm spacing

10. jordak

jordak

Apr 7, 2011
    Queens, NY
    One thing that irks me slightly about Ibanez is that where as most other companies have 4 or maybe 5 different headstock designs in their line of acoustic, electric, guitar, and bass products, Ibanez has dozens. (Maybe close to one dozen)