1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez K5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FunkTownBrother, Jan 11, 2005.

1. FunkTownBrother

FunkTownBrother

Jan 3, 2005
    When I first heard that this bass - Ibanez K5 - is endorsed by Fieldy, I had to ask myself who the hell is Fieldy?!!!I'm 40 yrs old and it's definetly out of my time. Then I looked in the net and learned all about the Korn.
    I do not like the style of music they play. However, I got to give him a big hand. This bass is fantastic!!! Plays a lot better than
    a Fender Dimension V I was about to buy and it's very versatily as well.
    Don't let the endorsement fool you if you are not a heavy Metal player. It has a great thump and adjusting the EQ to your taste you may find many other tones.
    I recommend it as a great buy.
    Cheers,
    FunkTownBrotherhttp://www.talkbass.com/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=8#
    Smilie

2. I had the chance to play a few Ibanez basses the other day. I was impressed. I think that they offer everything from decent low-end basses to outstanding mid/high range basses.

The only problem I have is that they offer so MANY models, that I can't begin to say which one would be the ideal one for me.

However, I did try a BTB1000e that I thought was FANTASTIC! Definitely Gas-able!