Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

IBANEZ MEGATHREAD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by weeding, Oct 16, 2005.

1. weeding

weeding

May 17, 2005
    I know that quite a few people of the forums love to hate them, but what about the people who are deeply satisfied with the Ibanez bass? I only own one because my OLP was taking far too long to ship, so I splashed out the extra $200 and got a far superior and lovely bass!
    [​IMG]

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Medgathread, heh.

3. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    I played an sr200 for 3 years. Really enjoyed it alot, if I were to get an ibanez it would be an edb series 4 string.

4. Oliver

Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    the mid - high end ibanez's (one's with barts ) are good solid basses

i like em

5. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I've got a RB800 - Green and lovin it.

On the other hand, I think something just came out when I saw that pic of the bass you bought (happy thoughts now...)

Man that looks good.

6. love ibanez...i regret selling my ATK....ive been eyeing off and rb900 the last few weeks, and the sr500 and sr900.....my only beef is why did they change the BTB300 from the bubinga top jazz coils to this all black pfr-al4n pickup ugly thing...still love ibanez though.....love the doug wimbish sig...

if only there was a soundgear bass that had the steve vai 80's swirl finish...then id be creaming my pants

7. I have a BTB 406 that I play, and another BTB1206-Z Limited Edition on order.
    I personally think that Ibanez's have very fast necks and are extrememly playable. Great for the price.

8. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    I have a '99 BTB, first year, swamp ash, no top, walnut brown finish.
    I love it, the only bass I played for 4 years.
    My import hamer cruise sat in it's case.
    Now I split time between my BTB and G&L.

I remember someone saying that Ibanez should stop just
    cranking out new models and focus on their keepers.
    BTBs and ATKs fall into that category.

9. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I would just love a lefty GW 5 string....too bad... :(

10. the only interest i've ever had in Ibanez is the ATK400...

and since we are posting really big pics, [​IMG]

11. i dont think the 400's would be anywhere as good as the 300's :D

12. I have an SR500 and an EDB605 ...
    I love them both, but play the EDB most. :)

13. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I wouldn't mind owning a higher end BTB 6er some day, I do like those basses. I still haven't played a Soundgear that I like, and I have played a couple of the higher end ones too.

14. what dont you like about the soundgears? ...ive heard many people complain "they aint good" but what exactly dont people like about them.....i really dig the sr500...at $1000aus with barts, wenge neck and mahogany body, which is the same as the cort b4 but a different body shape now i think about it.......i think its a damn good bass, plays well, sounds good....but thats me

15. I played a SR800(?) for about 2 years. It worked great for what I was doing. Played really nice for the price.

16. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    I love my BTB 1006e:

Attached Files:

17. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    I also regret selling my ATK300 when I switched to 6 Strings...

Besides the ATK, I never found any Ibanez thats actually as good as the ATK.

I started 6 strings with an Ibanez SR506 (Older model with Gold Hardware ADX6 Pickups and Bass/Treble EQ, Maple Body, Maple Neck), wich was a relatively good 6 String bass, but the action didnt get too low.

I play a Modulus now.

However, I really am into the Wenge neck thing... and when I saw the newer SR506, I knew I wanted one.

Im just expecting it to arrive, I hope it arrives within this month.

18. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    It's a matter of personal preference for me. I don't like their small necks, mainly. I just have not played one that I felt comfortable playing. Nothing against the basses, if ya like em, great. They just are not for me. :)

19. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I play this one...very nice for the money.

Attached Files:

20. Niskamies

Niskamies

Jan 13, 2004
    I own a GWB1, and I am totally satisfied with it. The best fretless I've played, it has "the" fretless sound for me.
    [​IMG]