1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez SR885 replacement parts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Busman, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Busman

Busman

Jul 15, 2015
    Hi

Had my secondhand Ibanez Soundgear SR885 (Korean) for nearly 20 years now and love playing it but it is beginning to look a bit tired and a couple of the pots are causing static when twisting (even after WD-40!). It has what I think is a gotoh bridge (although if anyone can correct me from the pics, please do) and AFR-J5 pickups.

The bridge is black but needs cleaning, however think this will remove more of the black and so if I can find a clean replacement I'd like that - can't find anything online that is similar and the right size (85mm across). Any ideas?

Also can anyone recommend pots to replace or should I just replace the whole EQ PCB and pots?

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

2. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    los angeles
  3. Busman

Busman

Jul 15, 2015
    Yes, just noticed that it says Made in Japan, I was looking at the sticker on the case (which was made in Korea!) at the time. Great link, thank you.