1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez Tonelok pedal appreciation thread.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fake-bass, Feb 20, 2008.

1. fake-bass

fake-bass

Oct 17, 2006
    Hobart
    I love these pedals.

I just thought other people might as well.

I have the SB7 Synth and the SM7 Smash box and plan to get the AW7 auto wah and the PM7 Phase Modulator!

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have a TS7 tube screamer, and it's an interesting pedal. It doesn't turn on reliably. But it does sound pretty good. I have a DE7 pedal that I do like.

3. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I've got a weeping demon

4. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Western NY
    PD7 is my go to distortion.

5. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    The recessed knob design is clever.

I dig the Weeping Demon.

6. Lebowsky

Lebowsky Effects Forum Resident

Mar 18, 2007
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    WD-7 here too :)

7. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    PD7, SB7, WD7 here too!
    count me in!!

EDIT: just remembered the LF7 as well - what a pedal!

8. Funky Chowder

Funky Chowder

Jan 8, 2008
    The DE-7 gets a lot of praise from folks. In the "Echo" mode, it is extremely warm and responds very similarly to how an analogue delay would. The "Digital" mode is pretty good for standard clean repeats, but the "Echo" is what makes it special, IMO.

9. JohnDavisNYC

JohnDavisNYC

Jan 11, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar, D'Addario
    i used to have the synth wah one... it was pretty great... i should maybe get that one again.

john

10. I use my synth wah a lot. What a cool pedal. And it keeps on working no matter what gets spilled on it.

11. I have the same pedal and the same switching problem, but I agree its a cool pedal (especially with a few mods). The tonelok buttons are actually a really cool idea.

12. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

I love my LF-7. It's crazy and unique.
    The PD-7 is great for the price.
    SB-7 has cool filters.

13. which is the BASS driver one? & which is the Synth wah? Any links....? I don't have any o'these pedals but have been on the lookout for a while.

14. I use the Weeping Demon and am really thinking about giving the AW7 a whirl.

15. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    I love the AW7 for it's incredible sustain. Totally weird for an envelope filter, but it's great. Also the pre/post filter distortion option was a fantastic idea.

16. *Groan* thanks a lot. Just what I needed to hear. ;) I wonder if the wife will notice another package coming in the front door? :meh:

17. hoerni

hoerni

Jun 4, 2007
    NJ
    I've totally fallen for the Tone Lok pedals I have. I've only tried a few on bass, but they are all cool.

HAVE

PH7 - straight up solid phaser
    SM7 - nice chunky rhythm
    PM7 - totally wacky Phase Modulator - some great odd noises
    CF7 - just got this past weekend. Nice thick flange or warbly chorus
    DE7 - best delay for the money - love the oscillating feedback
    PD7 - actually own two because I want to mod one. Great OD with the bass volume backed off just a tad
    TS7 - Never played on bass, but the standard guitar amp pusher
    WD7 - Second favorite new wah (second only to PW-10 and just can't compare to a vintage Chrome Morley Power Wah)
    SB7 - Great touch sensitive synth. Still the best for tracking. Not as many options as BSW, but much more reliable
    FZ7 - got it broken and needed new op-amps. Nice controlled fuzz

Want

LF7, TC7, maybe AW 7 of course then I'd only need DS7 to get the whole set...

18. fake-bass

fake-bass

Oct 17, 2006
    Hobart
    another great thing...they are cheap!

19. Nils

Nils

Oct 9, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I have the SM7, which I love! Haven't found a better distortion/fuzz yet. And the AW7 is nice too, though I GAS for an MXR auto-Q.

20. I have the PD7 - I think it's great for straight up bass distortion.