1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ideas for IEM Stands/Tables/Racks/etc...

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by JJP_1984_LB50, Apr 1, 2013.

1. JJP_1984_LB50

JJP_1984_LB50 Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    North Canton, OH
    Hey,

I recently began the journey toward IEM's for live use...:hyper:

At church, we use an AVIOM controller which attaches to a mic stand. No problems and a nice system...

For live band gigs, I recently purchased a (used) Shure PSM 200. One of the features I liked about this unit is the ability to plug my bass in one side, and the mix from the sound board into the other, and then have control over my volume relative to the band. I'm also thinking of putting my Sansamp in between my bass and the Shure...

That's got me wondering where I'm going to put all this on stage. I could just set in on the floor, maybe even in a powered pedal board, but it would be awkward to adjust. I've seen some laptop stands that might work, but they don't look like they were designed for that exactly. Seems like everything would want to fall off a plain old table. A rack might work, but what about the Sansamp...???

Soooooooooooooo, I'm looking for suggestions. What are you guys doing? Pics welcome...