1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

IDENTIFY THIS AMP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rptrsn2, Apr 18, 2010.

1. rptrsn2

rptrsn2

Feb 21, 2008
    Northeast Missouri
    Endorsing Artist: Aurora Strings
    found these old pics of my first bass and amp.This was about 1980 and i can't remember what kind of amp or bass this was thanks! 26242_1428921008229_1388954777_1189. 26242_1428920888226_1388954777_1189.

2. Luckie

Luckie

Jan 1, 2010
    Northfield MN
    looks like a Standel of some kind.

3. rptrsn2

rptrsn2

Feb 21, 2008
    Northeast Missouri
    sorry meant to put this in amps,if a moderator wants to move

4. tifftunes

tifftunes Guest

Your bass reminds me of a Burns bass... Probably Italian made English brand...

The Standel in the lower photo looks like it's from the "Artist" series... Could be 4x10, 2x12, or 1x15... Maybe 100 watts.

I've seen these somewhere back in time, but just can't pull them out of the cobwebs! So Just guessing... Maybe it will trip a memory for someone else...

5. rptrsn2

rptrsn2

Feb 21, 2008
    Northeast Missouri
    took standel and looked on google images and found this. now nee to figure out the bass. thanks P1010065.

6. mccartneyman

mccartneyman

Dec 22, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Managing Editor, Bass Guitars Editor, MusicGearReview.com
    Yeah -- I think that's a Standel 2x15 "combo" bass map --I had one like it in 1969. A pretty good amp for the time -- better than the Kustom I had previously. The only bad thing I can think of is the the speaker baffles board was particle board and the speakers could pull the screws right through if you ran it at high power fro too long. That's what happened to mine and I wound up buying an Acoustic 360 in 1971. The pic attached is of a Standel 2x15 guitar amp, but the bass amp was substantially the same. Yours appears to be a newer design. The bass does indeed look like a Burns Bison, but in all the pix of the Bison I found it has three pickups.

Attached Files:

7. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    I don't know how I feel about the stars and bars..... :meh:

8. rptrsn2

rptrsn2

Feb 21, 2008
    Northeast Missouri
    i know that bothers some folks in some parts of the country, but if you grew up in the south you had a different veiw of what that flag stood for than alot of the neo nazi redneck racists that have corrupted any pride or meaning to it!

9. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    its a standel 'super artist'. i had one about 8 years ago and it had 2x15" speakers. mine was an 'super artist bass' but they also made the guitar version that had reverb and tremolo.

10. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    I have a weird perspective having been raised by a Georgian (and registered Son of the Confederacy) in the Twin Cities, liberal capital of the world excepting San Fran. Rest assured, I know what the flag really stands for, but I also know how it is interpreted by those around me, and as a result avoid it as much as possible.