Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

im bummed.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Microbass, Mar 17, 2004.

1. last night was a complete disaster. my GF stopped talking to me on sunday, but she came to my house to sort things out.
    generally. its a long story - to sum up a guy friend said its not the same when im around her and her friends, so she decided itd be best for the way time is, we should spend some time with our own friends...

i said that seems like crap to me.

im a single man. itd be easier if she was the same as a few months ago... but now shes kinda getting into drinkin at the weekends with her buddies and stuff.. it scares me, makes me paranoid what she might do or if she gets hurt.

8 months pretty much to the day. the day we got together.. the day we break up. "tuesday's gone" hits home... :meh:

:( :(

well. st patty's day. good day to whip out the whisky, eh? not.

2. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    It is crap. Some people don't have the guts to say that they are done and it's time to break up, so they are indirect and make a lot of lame excuses.

You see, she's been causing you stress by going down a bad path that it doesn't sound like your into. You're probably not ready to hear it yet, but you really are better off without her.

Well, it sounds to me like you have a good handle on things - at least you understood this to be a break up. Some guys don't even get it when the girl won't be direct. They don't even realize that they're being dumped and make fools of themselves trying to pull it out of the fire. You know what happened, and you seem to be dealing with it on a pretty normal level. Tuesday's Gone is how your supposed to feel along with a desire to drink whiskey.

My recomendation: after indulging in a few shots of Scotch Whiskey, play that Foo Fighters song with the chorus that shouts: "done, done and I'm on to the next one...done, I'm done and I'm on to the next…" and think about your ex while you scream along . Then get to feeling right and get on to the next one. Good luck. You'll feel better soon.

3. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    Good call Matt! Bro there are tooooooo many chicks in the world to waste any more tuesdays!!!! You my friend have to get to work.....

Good hunting!

4. well theres a small glimmer of hope for us... we just had a big talk n that... but... thanks tho.

cry a bit, die a bit... then rock on... i wanna do that but ya know? whats happend indulges me :meh:

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

6. Hang in there, Micro.

Mike ;)

7. Big boys do cry. Big boys do cry.

8. And this is a good way to rule out some bad girls and ones that smell.

Drinkers and smokers.

I don't know why the hell so many teens have to be idiotic and get drunk every weekend. If they all died I doubt I would care that much. Might loose some friends and schoolmates but **** happens.

9. i dont mind the drinking... i do it myself sometimes, and i;ve had my fair share of binge drinks too.

but i know she cant contorl herself. she just keeps dirnking then remembersnothign the next day.

this boy did cry. :bawl:

but its over now. i ran up to my friend's house - an ex from a year and a half ago! she thinks we got it on. i todl her to trust me and forget it, or call it quits.

im as free as a bird now...

10. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Sorry to hear that dude, but it sounds like it could be for the best....onwards and upwards!

11. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    :rolleyes: Need i say more?