Im getting a Line 6 Bass POD live xt

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by TheInsane, Jan 15, 2006.

1. So I finally decided on one of those PODS. I heard nothing but good things about it and while my friend is over in the US he is buying me one (its cheaper that way). Im pretty pumped. I remember a thread about it a long time ago but the search fuction cant seem to find it so Im looking for experiences and thoughts from you with this bass pod.
  2. pdusen

Aug 18, 2004
    I love my Pod XT live. It is a live performance and recording miracle. It may not model the sound of amps/cabs/mics to 100% accuracy, no. But it does come reasonably close, and it allows you almost complete control over your tone.

The effects, in SOME CASES, can be kind of cheezy. But in my opinion, most bass effects are cheezy anyway, so this is just an accurate representation. I do like some of the chorus, distortion, and delay effects, and the Bass Wah is excellent.
  3. I have thought about getting one for a while and now my band is recording a new demo and they also wanted me to get one to get a good sound. Im looking forward to playing with it. It will give me some more stuff to do on stage as well to change the sound a bit for our clean guitar parts and then change it a bit for some slap part I have worked into one of our songs (we play death metal). Im really looking forward to sit down and just play around with it.