1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Incubus - Light Grenades

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by karrot-x, Nov 28, 2006.

1. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Discuss.

2. VanillaO

VanillaO Poop?

Oct 14, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    (insert thumbs down emoticon here)

3. ric1312

ric1312 Banned

Apr 16, 2006
    chicago, IL.
    They always struck me as Faith No More wannabees.

4. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I'm enjoying it, it's a little slower than A Crow Left of the Murder.

5. Upon first listen: I dislike it. There are only three songs that I liked right off the bat. To me the album seems like a big mess. The lyrics are probably the biggest problem I have with it.

With Crow Left of the Murder, I didn't like it musically at first, but on further listening I really grew to appreciate it. Lyrically I really enjoyed it.

edit: I'm hoping that LG grows on me, as I really enjoy Incubus. If not...theres always next time.

6. I have only heard the single and my first thought was that they were trying too hard to be the chili peppers.

lowsound

7. Afrokid

Afrokid

Nov 24, 2006
    i love Anna Molly..awsome song...unfortunatly thats the only song i've heard from the the new album...but its Incbus, and they have yet to produce a truely "bad" album.

8. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Bah. I want the old Incubus back!

9. Brandons voice has got worse from album 2 album IMO.

10. davefarrell

davefarrell

Aug 30, 2006
    i like it alot, ive probably listened to it almost around 40 times and each listen i grow to like it more and more. brandon is an amazing vocalist, jose is a wicket drummer, ben just keeps gettin better at bass, mikey is amazing at guitar and chris kilmore has grown so much as a musician. i grew up listening to incubus so i love listening to every album. great band. definitly not trying to sound like the chilli peppers at all.

11. yamdigame

yamdigame

Apr 22, 2006
    New Jersey
    They are deffinitly not trying to sound like the Chili peppers...at all...they seemed to get too influenced by Ben in the past two albums. And i guess i miss the old incubus...and IMO...brandon's voice is slowly but surely getting worse

12. vikunja

vikunja

Oct 29, 2004
    Norway
    Though I miss their funk inspired music, I think they have naturally evolved their music and probably we won't hear anything like S.C.I.E.N.C.E again. "Kiss to send us off", "Dig" and "Oil and Water" are my favourite songs. Very nice melodic guitar parts on these songs, especially "dig" with it's delay Coldplay inspired guitar sound, very nice!

13. Huge +1 !!

Dirk Lance had a huge inpact on what I think Incubus. None of the 2 last albums has anything to do with what I enjoyed about the band

14. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    yeah, i miss the funk metal

...seriously

15. vikunja

vikunja

Oct 29, 2004
    Norway
    Alex Katuchnitch did have a huge impact on the first albums due to his technical bass-playing, but he definitely started to change his style during "Make yourself" and on "Morning View" he plays a even more supporting role without any fancy technical stuff as Ben Kenney does now. Maybe he was bored with the idea of becoming a typical supporting role bassist. Or maybe the rest of the band didn't want a flashy bass player. The point is that he too stopped playing funky stuff during Morning View period.

16. Ugh, horrible. +1 to the guy who said he wanted the old incubus back. And to whomever said they were trying to sound like the chili peppers...if that's the case, they aren't trying very hard. Chili peppers latest album is good.

17. I find Morning View to be a more subtle album the the first ofc, but I find the bassplaying interesting here aswell. Ofc there aint much slapping and popping, but regarding to the slow jazzrock they went for there it wouldnt fit