Incubus's new cd.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Figjam, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Anyone buy it? How do you like it? I hated the last 2 cds by them, loved the first two, and this one is decent.
  2. what was the last two?

Morning View + Make Yourself?

I really like Megalomaniac(single)

3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea those were the last two. I didnt like em because they strayed away from their funk ish style that they used to have.

And yea the single is cool but the rest of the album is good too.
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    The new album isn't out yet, and as such I've only heard meglomaniac, it was okay, I still prefer SCIENCE though.

I dug make yourself, but I wasn't a big fan of morning view, though it had a couple cool tracks.
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hm wel i downloaded it..somehow..
    :ninja: shh.
  6. Hey. I liked Morning View :mad:.

MV to me just kinda brought a new melodic sense to them. They're still the old Incubus, just more mature. I still love SCIENCE, but MV always just brings back memories of 2 summers ago.... (Meeeeemmmmorrieeeessss)
  7. I agree...there location(I think some place in Malibu) really had an effect on how Morning View sounded...I wish I had some money to burn because I'd buy SCIENCE,Make Yourself,Morning View,and A Crows Left To Murder...:meh:
  8. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    I will probobly buy the new album. I liked MV alright enough, I liked the feel and aproach to the recording and song writing. Make yourself was definately the "Please finally notice us" album. Science is cool as hell. I kinda admire incubus, they have managed to transisition into a succesful Pop band and still maintain some of there original style, albeit a bit more mainstream. There was no way the stuff from Fungus Among us or Science was going to bring them the stardom that "Wish you where here" did. Just my 2cents, I'm sure I will get it next weeek.
  9. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I dig the new single.
  10. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    give me science or give me death... well maybe not death,.... how bout a really nasty hangnail.
  11. HAHA Hangnails do suck.
  12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Yeah I guess your right. We should all stop making music that sounds good and start making music that SELLS!

$$Cha :rolleyes: Ching$$
  13. I love Incubus, they have been one of my favorite bands since SCIENCE (their best album). Their new stuff (a crow...) is supposed to be a throwback to there old stuff. Hearing Megalomaniac makes me think it will be too. Anyone who has heard Incubus over the years knows they like to switch up sounds every album. So I dont entirely know what to expect this time.

I am excited about there new bassist, he seems be very talented. My roommate has a bootleg of one of their proformance from Lalapalooza (hope I spelled that right), but I haven't heard it yet...:meh: He sounded good with the roots anyway...
  14. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    If thats whats important to you.
  15. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :meh: hows about "performance"? ;) :p

I dig the new song, even more because it makes me feel that there are Americans not decieved by Bush, who even dare to speak out against him openly. "There is hope left"-kinda feeling, from across the ocean here
  16. marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    I thought that Make Yourself was brilliant.

Morning view didn't do anything for me.

I found myself very disappointed w/ the record company's whole promotion/management of Incubus. I got the impression from all of the interviews and exposure that they were trying to sell Incubus (or at least the singer) as an alternative boy band pinup. I remember reading a Rolling Stone interview that made them sound more like In Synch than the talented, original artists they are. I mean Make Yourself was pretty progressive compared to most radio rock at the time. The article read like a teen magazine interview. Same thing w/ the DVD... it was so lame... It looked like a pseudo half live/ half lip synching commercial.

Sometimes I think our art was better off when you just heard a song, saw them live and that was it. Since the inception of MTV the actual music only only a small portion of the 'product' that record companies are selling - it's become secondary.

"Video killed the radio star"
  17. sambass

Apr 15, 2003
    yea mtv sucks.
    the new incubus video rules.
    saw it liek 8 times today. i really liked all their stuff up to morning view, but then it was really wierd with brandons shirt and all that. but hey, his shirt is back and maybe so is the bands sincerity.

just my view
  18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

If that's what's important to you, then I have no intentions of listening to your music. I bought Make yourself... now I don't care if they made Science II, I wouldn't give them a damn cent.
  19. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA

So young.... So angry.....:D
  20. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    I think money is whats important to Incubus, they wanted to be rockstars, they signed a deal and now they are. (Wonder if this has anything to do with Dirk leaving the group?)