Info on Double Necks?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by clearskies2, Jan 28, 2005.

1. clearskies2

clearskies2 Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2005
    I was wondering if anyone had any info on a specific type of double neck. I was watching an old Toto video and he had a Fender Stratocaster 6 string guitar/ Fender Precision bass 4 string combination. Is there anything like this on the market right now? I am both a bass and guitarist and it would be the best of both worlds so to speak. Thnx for your help in advance.
  2. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    if you are going to go tat way, you might aswell pick up a NED STEINBERGER STICK, or a CHAPMAN stick

way cooler, and you can play the bass and guitar parts at the same time!
  3. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    They used to... not any more.
  4. I was going to say Warmoth as well - they have exactly what you are looking for.
  5. clearskies2

clearskies2 Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Thanks for all your help. Warmoth link was very cool, but I am not very good at building things. ( I would never play anything I built) Does anyone know what it would realistically cost to have someone put one of these together, plus the parts? Just curious. thanks.
  6. pdusen

Aug 18, 2004
    One wonders if Nino-brown would put together a Doubleneck.

It would be interesting.
  7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Yeah. But you can't pluck/strum/whatever, you can only tap...unless you get the NS Stick, which is only a bass.

I'm going to second the suggestion for having Nino put together a Valenti double neck. Man. How freakin' AWESOME would that be?!