Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Info On Eccles

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by Dragonetti917, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Dragonetti917

Dragonetti917

Aug 16, 2005
    I just ordered the Eccles Bass Sonata in G minor online. The site gave know preview. Does anyone know if the 1st movement is all in Treble Clef?

2. dfp

dfp Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    USA
    you meant to ask about TENOR clef, right?

3. Dragonetti917

Dragonetti917

Aug 16, 2005
    actually no, i've have lots of pieces that are in or go into treble clef, even simple ones like the Keyper go into Treble. the eccles could easily go into treble

does it go into Tenor or Treble, does anyone know?

4. Charles Shores

Charles Shores Commercial User

Jul 26, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Owner: Guitar Barre
    The version i have is all in tenor.

5. Johnny L

Johnny L

Feb 14, 2002
    Victoria, TX
    If you ordered it from Liben, they may have updated it to read in treble cleff. They like to do that kind of thing, it seems.

6. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    I have the Yellow covered version from International Music by (Zimmerman). I have it for about 30 years or so. The first movement is ALL in Tenor Clef. Tenor is a perfect 5th above where it would be for Bass. The 2nd and 3rd movement is in both Tenor and Bass clef but mainly Tenor. Remember, this is a Cello Sonata so Tenor Clef is the Second language of a Cellist.

Good luck, it's my favorite 'sweet' piece for Bass.

By the way, back when I got mine it was marked $1.75 but after discount I only paid $1.58 (plus tax I guess) as they crossed out the $1.75 pencil marking on the cover. The Bass part had 'blue inked stamp' $1.75 on it ... True, no joke!

7. The edition I have is all in tenor clef; I don't think the piece itself goes high enough to be going into treble clef...

9. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.