1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Info on preamp needed

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by wishbon7, Jul 12, 2012.

1. wishbon7

wishbon7

Jun 24, 2006
    I'm building a new p bass and it's gonna have Nordstrand pups ( p bass and a music man ). What preamp should I use Aguilar, Delano, or Nordstrand. Im leaning toward the Nordstrand but thought I'd ask on here for info. It's gonna be vol pass/activ , blend then treb/ bass or mid then treb/ bass. Anywho 4 knobs. Thought?

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
  3. wcriley

wcriley

Apr 5, 2010
    Western PA
    Also add EMG to your list.
    Very clear/natural sounding with the controls at the center detent.

4. DavC

DavC Supporting Member

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio
    i really like the active/ passive ... especially with a passive Tone in the chain ... like Sadowsky , Carvin ... i think Aguilar can be wired that way also ...

i have a Carvin 4 hole pre in one of my basses .. the passive tone control is also the push/pull for active/passive ..

it's nice having the passive tone working All the time ...

5. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I like the passive tone in my Audere as well :)

6. wishbon7

wishbon7

Jun 24, 2006
    Has anyone use the Aguilar stuff

7. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Yep. I have either Aguilar or Audere in all of my basses. Audere is more musical, Aguilar more ballsy. Aguilar controls are VERY sensitive..a little does a lot. If you like to fine tune, Aguilar may not be for you.